Cultural Embrace by APIhttp://www.culturalembrace.com/volunteerla...
301 Camp Craft Road Suite 100 Austin, TX 78746 United States
Peru: Chiclayo, Cusco, Lima and 2 other cities
2-4 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad), 5-8 weeks, 7-12 months (includes high school academic year abroad), 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Opportunities start every Monday. 2 week min. - 1 year max.
Cultural Embrace by API partners with local humanitarian organizations to share more knowledge about the people and culture in Latin America. Our goals are to assist the at-need and at-risk communities and to improve their standards of living. By contributing your time, energy and passion to others, you will gain a memorable and meaningful experience while traveling abroad.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
* Orphanage Assistance/Street Children
Work in local orphanage homes or shelter for abandoned children. All of these children have come from poor families and suffer from malnutrition and neglect. Assist the limited staff to care for these children. Organize recreational activities, educational activities, sports, arts, crafts, and be the nurturing heart and helping hand that can encourage the children and local staff.
Assist the local teachers at public schools and community centers with their English classes and other subjects, and provide an inspirational native tongue to the students. Or, act as a role model for struggling teenagers and adults through informal education classes. Most of these students have dropped out of school, but want to look at alternate opportunities to continue their education.
* Social Welfare Development
Work in facilities that help the poor communities of an area. Provide support to at-risk and at-need women and children to learn values, manner, and life skills to become self-sufficient and obtain a higher level of education. Past projects range from tutoring, cleaning, carpentry, program development, sewing, cooking, childcare, business skills training, administrative, data entering, etc.
* Health/Medical Clinics
Work alongside community health and medical clinics. Be a friend to patients, assist medical staff, and organize health/nutrition classes. Knowledge of nutrition, health and medical field are preferred for these project.
* Wildlife Conservation
Participate in wildlife conservation projects to help preserve natural habitats of the local area. Sample projects include sea turtle and bird conservation in Costa Rica, marine conservation in Ecuador.
* Environment/Ecology Conservation
Learn and practice how to be a living example of nature conservation. Work on a private nature reserve and crop experimentation site. Duties include restoring and improving the grounds, plantations and facilities. Interact with the local communities and expand your knowledge with reasons, benefits, and ways to be more environmentally friendly.
* Building/Construction Maintenance
Lend an extra hand with a variety of laborious jobs. Assistance for building, painting, gardening, and wiring are needed for a variety of projects. Experience and knowledge helpful but not required.
Volunteer in Latin America Offers:
* A first-hand experience to see and improve the communities in Latin America.
* A broader perspective on world views.
* Opportunity to learn Latin America's lifestyles and community initiatives as well as other cultural activities (ie: language, crafts, dance, etc)
* Memorable experiences while traveling and seeing exotic sites
* Lifelong friends from all around the globe
* International work and cultural experiences that strengthens your resume
* Support and development of self-confidence and personal skills
In order to participate in this volunteer program, Cultural Embrace by API requires that you:
- Be between the ages of 21 to 70. Or, if younger than 18, you must have parental or guardian consent.
- Have good physical health.
- Be open to foreign cultures and living abroad.
- Have a high level of responsibility.
- Be dedicated to the full term of commitment.
- Be a team player.
- Enjoy providing a service and working with others in a challenging environment.
Visit website for updated pricing
* Guaranteed Volunteer Placement Prior to Departure - Cultural Embrace by API pre-arranges your volunteer project before you leave home to ensure an easy and hassle-free transition into your new life abroad.
* Housing and Board - Clean & comfortable accommodations in a volunteer guest house or with a host family. Depending upon the destination, 1-3 meals are included.
*Medical, Life and Travel Insurance
Medical and life insurance is provided for all participants during the program term. This insurance coverage includes medical evacuation and repatriation as well as 24-hour support services for medical and travel issues.
* Visa Assistance - All volunteers to Latin America travel on the tourist visa. Please contact the country's Embassy or Consulate to check details, or ask your Cultural Embrace by API coordinator. Please note that any visa fees are the responsibility of the applicant. And, while we can assist you during the process, ultimately it is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained the appropriate visa for your work experience. Cultural Embrace has no control over the visa process and cannot guarantee that your visa application will be accepted.
* Arrival Pick-Up and Orientation - All volunteers are picked up at the airport by our local coordinator who will then help them settle into the guest house or host family. The first week includes introductions and orientation to help you settle into your project.
Be between the ages of 21 to 70.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups
2 weeks-1 year
Our mission is to encourage people to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity. We believe that visiting a place firsthand allows one to truly experience the authenticity of a culture and develop his/her own impressions. Our goals are to provide quality service and opportunities for people to explore their world and enlighten their eyes, mind and heart. Traveling is a reciprocated flow of communication and interaction between people...the more you seek, the more you learn. "Discover the Similarities - Share the Differences"
I have made the decision to teach English in Chile through Cultural Embrace so that I can work on my Spanish while imparting wisdom upon the niños there. Although I was a little nervous about the p...More
Did you participate on a program with Cultural Embrace by API?
Share your thoughts!