Cultural Embrace by APIhttp://www.culturalembrace.com/5238183_246...
301 Camp Craft Road Suite 100 Austin, TX 78746 United States
Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Seville (Sevilla)
Length of Position
3-month to 1 year placements
Please visit our website for details.
Salary and benefits vary with each country and family. On average, you will be working 8-10 hours per day, with at least five days a week. You will have much of the day to yourself if the children are attending school and part of your job often times includes helping children with their English speaking skills.
International Childcare Offers:
* An opportunity to broaden your perspective and worldview
* An economical way to live and travel abroad
* An opportunity to participate in and learn local cultural activities (e.g.: sports, music, cooking)
* Memorable travel experiences with the chance to see exotic sites you have always dreamed about
* The ability to make lifelong friends from around the globe
* A valuable work experience that strengthens your resume, exhibiting your diligence, independence, and intercultural experiences
* A great way to develop and support your self-confidence and interpersonal skills
* A chance to learn or build on your French, Italian or Spanish language skills
Cultural Embrace by API Offers:
* Guaranteed Family Placement Prior to Departure - Cultural Embrace guarantees a pre-arranged paid position in the with a pre-screened host family.
* Compensation - Weekly stipend with room and board included. Stipend will be anywhere from $80-$120/week, depending on your placement. You will have two days of the week off and often times you will have much of the day to yourself while the children are in school.
* Room & Board - Your placement includes a private room, and typically a shared bathroom with your sponsored family. All meals are included with your local family.
* Visa Assistance - Cultural Embrace by API will assist you with attaining your visa. Most placements have a minimum of 6 months. Your Program Coordinator will help you find an appropriate visa, however we cannot guarantee visa approval. The fee to receive your visa is NOT included in your program fee.
* Medical, Life and Travel Insurance
Medical and life insurance is provided for all participants during the program term. This insurance coverage includes medical evacuation and repatriation, as well as 24-hour support services for medical and travel issues.
* Arrival Pick-Up and Transfer - Cultural Embrace by API will see to it that you are met at the closest airport, train or bus station by your host family and taken to your new home.
* Language Lessons and Networking Opportunities - Cultural Embrace by API will set up language lessons (if needed) that match your skill level. Our local partners have frequent meeting for au pairs in each area to maximize your networking opportunities.
* Cultural Embrace by API Kit - Useful tips, advice, and information to prepare you for the amazing adventure of living and working abroad.
* Full-time Representation - Cultural Embrace by API provides English-speaking representation in the United States and your host local country prior to, during, and after your placement.
* Age Requirements: varies according to destination, generally 21-30 years of age
* Childcare experience; references from previous childcare work required
* Open to foreign cultures and living abroad
* High school diploma and high level of responsibility
* Dedication to the full term of commitment
* Knowledge of destinations mother tongue, or willingness to learn
The average salary includes private accommodations and full board with the host family and a weekly stipend of USD 80 - USD 120 per week.
American and European Participants.
2 weeks-1 year
Our mission is to encourage people to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity. We believe that visiting a place firsthand allows one to truly experience the authenticity of a culture and develop his/her own impressions. Our goals are to provide quality service and opportunities for people to explore their world and enlighten their eyes, mind and heart. Traveling is a reciprocated flow of communication and interaction between people...the more you seek, the more you learn. "Discover the Similarities - Share the Differences"
I have made the decision to teach English in Chile through Cultural Embrace so that I can work on my Spanish while imparting wisdom upon the niños there. Although I was a little nervous about the p...More
Did you participate on a program with Cultural Embrace by API?
Share your thoughts!