Argentina: Buenos Aires
Gain work experience and immerse yourself with the local Argentinean culture, while practicing your Spanish. Our goals are to improve your professional qualifications and to give you hands-on experience into the international work environment.
Our local partners have built a solid reputation in Argentina, and through their many years of experience, they have found and continue to seek new internship opportunities according to the interests and needs of our participants. Internship placements are available in Buenos Aires and Cordoba in a variety of industries.
Candidates are carefully selected based on their profiles and similarly, we recruit companies and organizations most suitable for you to develop your professional objectives. Examples of the fields that we have found internship placements for are: administration, finance, marketing, hospitality and tourism, IT, architecture, engineering, social work, education, journalism, and more.
The minimum duration for this internship program is 8 weeks. You must have an intermediate level of Spanish or higher. You will have to take a proficiency test prior to your placement, and if you need additional lessons to get your language skills up to par, we can arrange for additional Spanish classes (1 week of Spanish classes are already included in program fee). Most internships are NOT paid due to legal visa regulations, however a bonus could be offered at the discretion of the company.
* Practical international work experience in your field of interest
* A reference from your employer upon completion of your term
* An opportunity to broaden your perspective and worldview
* An opportunity to participate in and learn local cultural activities (e.g.: sports, music, cooking)
* Memorable travel experiences with the chance to see exotic sites you have always dreamed about
* The ability to make lifelong friends from around the globe
* Valuable work experience that strengthens your resume, exhibiting your diligence, independence, and intercultural experiences
* A great way to develop and support your self-confidence and interpersonal skills
Throughout the year
Starts Monday, All Year Round
* You must be between the ages of 18 and 30
* You must have some experience or studied subjects in your desired internship field
* You must have intermediate or advanced Spanish language skill (We offer Spanish language lessons if your language level does not meet an intermediate level)
* Open to foreign cultures and living abroad
* High level of responsibility
* Dedication to the full term of commitment
- Admin (Health Services)
- Admin (Hospitality, Sports)
- Admin (Recreation, Parks)
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Art History
- Art/Fine Arts
- Biomedical Sciences
- Business Admin, Management
- Media (Radio, TV, & Film)
- Comm. Sci & Disorders
- Computer Science
- Culinary Arts / Cooking
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- Engineering (Chemical)
- Engineering (Civil)
- Engineering (Mechanical)
- Engineering (Electrical)
- English as a Second Language
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Sci (Atmosph.)
- Environmental Studies
- Family and Home Studies
- Fashion Business
- Fashion Design
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Graphic Design
- Health Sciences
- Human Resources
- Industrial Psychology
- Information Systems
- Interior Design
- International Relations
- Kinesiology/Exercise Science
- Labor & Industrial Relations
- Landscape Architecture
- Liberal Arts
- Library & Info Science
- Marine Science
- Marketing, Ad, PR
- Museum Studies
- Music Business
- National Park Employment
- Occupational, Envir. Health
- Performance Design
- Physical Therapy
- Political Science/Politics
- Public Admin, Public Pol, Govt
- Ranch Employment
- Real Estate
- Religious Studies
- Resort Employment
- Ski Resort Employment
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Theater, Drama, Dance
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Women's Studies
- Zoology & Wildlife Sciences
Cost in US$:
4 weeks USD 2700
Program Fees Include:
Guaranteed Internship Offer Prior to Departure
Cultural Embrace by API guarantees an internship offer that matches your requested preferences.
CE by API includes a pre-arranged private room with a carefully selected and pre-screened host family in the Buenos Aires neighborhoods of Palermo and Recoletta. Breakfast and dinner are provided 5 nights/week.
Airport pickup and transfer to your accommodation.
Medical, Life and Travel Insurance
Medical and life insurance is provided for all participants during the program term. This insurance coverage includes medical evacuation and repatriation, as well as 24-hour support services for medical and travel issues.
Cultural Embrace by API Culture Kit
Before your departure, we send you a packet filled with useful tips, advice, and information to prepare you for the amazing adventure of living and working abroad.
20 Hours of Spanish Language Lessons**
The first week of your program will include 20 hours of Spanish language lessons. Improve and practice your Spanish in a small intimate group (max. 8) with a qualified local Spanish teacher. Groups are divided by skill level. In the event that no group can be formed while you are there, students will receive three hours of private tutoring per day. Additional Spanish may be taken before or during your internship. Contact your CE by API Coordinator to pre-pare accordingly. (**Not included if an API Add-On Student).
Cultural Activities & Excursions
Enjoy occasional social, cultural activities and excursions with locals and other interns. Some excursions may require additional transportation and entrance fees.
All internships with a duration of less than 90 days may travel on a tourist visa to Argentina. If you wish to intern longer, you will be required to enroll in long-term Spanish classes in order to obtain a student visa. Discounted long-term courses are available. Your coordinator will give you instructions and let you know the process for applying.
Cultural Embrace by API provides bi-lingual representation in the United States and Argentina prior to, during, and after your placement, with use of local office in Argentina.
TOMS Shoes, a One for One™ Giving Product
Upon completion of your program and online evaluations, you will receive a pair of TOMS Shoes. With every product purchased, TOMS will help a person in need. One for One. Giving back is part of our ethos. We share the vision of the TOMS mission - to help contribute to making a positive impact abroad by providing a pair of shoes to a child in need.
Optional international mobile plan with data coverage
Opt for an AT&T mobile plan that offers low international rates, no roaming charges in over 150 countries, and bundled data and text. Current AT&T customers may simply add the coverage to their current plan and billing. Non-AT&T customers may use their own phone and swap with an AT&T SIM card.
Most internships are unpaid, however, many companies offer a benefits/stipend to their interns at their own discretion.
This Program is open to
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
2 weeks-1 year