CrossContinental Header Image CrossContinental Header Image

Intern & Volunteer Abroad: from USD180

Machine shop intern

Interning abroad allowed me to experience a foreign culture first hand while also learning skills that would help me understand the manufacturing process. Upon graduation from university I was able to list some of the skills I had learned on my resume which were definite talking points during interviews. My experiences in Ecuador were ones that I will never forget and I am very grateful to have had them. CrossContinental was by far the most affordable option and were willing to work with me to find a program that fit my needs. Jenn was great and was willing to answer any questions that I came up with in the months preceding my eventual placement. I worked in a machine shop in Ecuador which was appealing to several potential employers because it showed that I had real experience in seeing practical approaches to fabrication.

All four corners of the world and me in the middle of it

I will never forget my stay in Nepal. I went there with the intention of providing love and spreading joy. What i never expected was to get fourfold of what i had sought to give when i first set foot in Bhaktapur. The air and leaves radiate a steady energy, the people have so much love to give, and they make you feel warm and welcome without fear or favour. A special shoutout to Jenn of Cross Continental for ensuring i was thoroughly cared for throughout my stay, to Anish for the warm welcome ... and wifi! To Reena for the special tea, the beautiful motherlike lady at the place i volunteered, the amazing special kids that lent me some of their zest for life, and the four teenage girls i encountered while walking the lanes in the beautiful idyllic village where I stayed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I received a VERY special gift from the orphanage that can't be measured. I didn't know the meaning behind such gift then but now i am beginning to understand. A special place, the orphanage and village, that touched my heart in special ways. Please, please convey my thanks to the lady at the orphanage and i pray that i will have the chance to see all of you again. Please forgive me for any mistakes i may have made then. And please ask the children at the home to add me to their facebook page. I am sorry i didn't act then to add them to my facebook.