CrossContinental Header Image CrossContinental Header Image

Affordable Medical Internships & Volunteer Programs

Medical internship in Nepal

I had an amazing experience with this program. you have to be able to adapt and prepared to jump right in to something very different from North America. The educational experience was amazing, I was very well taken care of and learnt a lot! Everyone was very excited to teach me and show me things. I spent the most of my time in Emergency as that is my career goal. If you want to get down and dirty and hands on ...this is the program for you! ...and make life long friends and memories along the way!

Zhangjiakou Middle Hospital Internship

CrossContinental provided a great experience in the medical field for me. The transition was very smooth - I was accompanied from the train station to the host family home, brought to the interning hospital by the local coordinator, and supported the entire time. The language barrier was somewhat difficult, since I had only learned Mandarin for a few years and not the local dialect. However, the hands-on experience in the hospital was incredible. I was given the freedom to choose which department to work in and all the hospital staff was very friendly and welcoming. I watched a range of procedures and learned a lot about traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture and fire cupping. On weekends, I was happy to travel to other cities via the extensive train network.