A teacher with her students A teacher with her students

Volunteer Tanzania. Start on Your Life-Changing Journey!

Absolutely Beautiful!

This whole thing literally blew my mind. My CCS trip was my first time abroad, and my expectations were exceeded! From the in country staff, my placement, the locals, the home base, everything was so much more than what I expected. I was originally in Tanzania for a 2 week program, but I extended and stayed 3 weeks total - and it still was not enough! The staff is very accommodating, and genuinely care about each volunteer during their stay. They enjoy having you, and want to see you enjoy their country. Also, safety is their main priority. I never once felt unsafe or insecure during my time there. The staff is very professional in terms of their security, which is one less thing you have to worry about while in country.

CCS does a great job in applying you to your placement. I felt right at home at my nursery school, and I felt like I really impacted my class. Everyone in this community will welcome you, as I was given alot of rein within the curriculum at school. The locals truly love to see volunteers and new comers!

I also feel that CCS does a great job in planning sessions during our down time. We were provided with Kiswahili language lessons, painting classes, and several educational talks from politics and government in Tanzania to more personal issues, such as HIV/AIDS and the FGM issues of today. I loved learning about this country I was now living in, and CCS did a great job incorporating their partners into my time there.

Life at the Home Base was also never dull! The food is wonderful, and the house itself is just beautiful. It is kept up very well, and full of staff who are so nice, and so welcoming! The rooming situation was fun, as you have roommates and people to share your ideas and experience with. Everything was kept well and very clean. Laundry service was made available, and almost each person there called me by name. This was truly a wonderful experience.

The International Volunteer Programs Association