OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Volunteer Abroad in Guatemala for 1–12 weeks

10 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

The best decision of my life!

Cross Cultural Solutions gave me an opportunity of a lifetime! I had always wanted to volunteer abroad for several years and after some research, I decided CCS would be a great start and it was definitely the best decision of my life. The program specialist works closely with you, getting you prepared to the fullest before you depart to your trip. I had many questions as I was beginning my application process and they were all thoroughly answered. Next arriving to your home base can make someone anxious especially if this is something they are doing for the very first time in their life. And that was me. Being that it was my first time doing a volunteer abroad trip, I was a bit nervous about how I would acclimate to the new culture and how I would do at my volunteer placement. However, right when I got to Guatemala, the in-country staff relieved many of my anxieties. They were extremely pleasant and so helpful in making me feel comfortable and right at home. And the volunteer placement was awesome. It was such a rewarding experience. I learned so much from the ladies that I helped at the elderly center there. I will cherish the time spent with them and will never forget this experience. It was an eye-opener for me and I wish everyone gets the opportunity to do something like this in their lifetime. Another thing I loved about CCS was their way of immersing you into the culture. Each day they had a cultural activity planned for us which gave us the chance to learn about the people, the culture, the language and the country we were visiting. CCS seriously over succeeded my expectations. I went in not know this experience would change my life, but it did. And now I can't wait to do my next trip. I want to try all of the locations CCS works with. I highly recommend everyone to look into this program. You won't be disappointed!

The International Volunteer Programs Association