Ghana: Ho, Hohoe
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week
Fall, Summer, Winter, Throughout the year
Beginning at various dates year-round
No special skills or experience required.
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Health Sciences
- Occupational, Envir. Health
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
Cost in US$:
Visit our website for program fees.
- Medical insurance
- Medical services
- Emergency evacuation services
- Language instruction
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
- Written materials abroad
Program Fees Include:
What you get for the fee
* Personalized Volunteer Placement with our Partner Programs, based on your skills and interests, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with each local organization.
* In-country Perspectives Programming that includes excursions to nearby points of interest, special events and discussions with a variety of local cultural, professional, governmental and community agencies and people.
* Cross-Cultural Solutions' Home-Base structure, providing you with a comfortable, safe place to live, the basic amenities, all of your meals, and transportation to and from all Cross-Cultural Solutions' placements and programs.
* An experienced U.S. based Cross-Cultural Solutions Program Manager (and former volunteer with Cross-Cultural Solutions) who will serve as your coordinator, guide, and liaison with our in-country staff.
* In-country basic language assistance (optional).
* Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
* Travel medical insurance and emergency evacuation insurance, applicable to participants worldwide.
* Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
* Country-based airport transportation.
* Local phone calls.
* In-coming international phone service.
* A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Community Health
- Community Organizing
- Curriculum Planning
- English Teaching
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Popular Education
- Primary Education
- Professional Services
- Public Education
- Youth Development
While other volunteer programs may require certain skills or degrees, Cross-Cultural Solutions' programs are open to everyone. No matter what you believe your skill level to be, you have something meaningful and helpful to offer. We are dedicated to providing a meaningful placement for anyone willing to volunteer, and believe that the only skills required for international volunteering are a willingness to learn and an open mind.
18 and older, younger volunteers accepted with application
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home