Garden Dr. Vancouver, B.C. V5N4Y3 Canada
Kenya: Mombasa, Nairobi, Rural
Throughout the year
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad)
Typical Duration of Program
You can arrive any week of the year with advanced notice.
We offer affordable volunteer and intern abroad programs in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The programs are customized for you with flexible work schedule and start date. Affordable program fees start from only USD 180 (accommodation, meals, and 24/7 local support included). Our programs are designed to help local communities while at the same time providing valuable learning and cultural experience.
In Kenya, about 9 million people suffer from extreme poverty and a quarter of the population earns less than USD1 per day. In the United Nation's human development index, Kenya has been ranked 154th in a study of 177 countries based on life expectancy, literacy levels and overall gross domestic product. Kenya's tourism industry is booming, but it rarely provides economic opportunities for most local residents. As a result, Kenya is in desperate need of international volunteers and you can make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable.
On the other hand, you may be wondering what Kenya has to offer you. Kenya is a definite destination for these who are into cultures or wildlife. Breathtaking sceneries can be found in 19 national parks and game reserves. In this magical land, you will be able to see pygmy hippos, lions, monkeys, zebras, a variety of birds and other African wildlife. Kenyans are generally very relaxed and friendly people. They are extremely welcoming to foreigners.
There are volunteer work placements available in both urban and rural Ghana. Our international volunteer/intern work placements in Ghana include:
- Orphanage Work
- Working with Street Children
- Caring for the Elderly or the Disabled
(2) Community Development
- Developing Business Plans
- Developing Library Facilities
- Women's Empowerment
- Sharing Your Skills
- Medical Placements
- Assisting Health Professionals
- Helping in a Rural Health Post
- HIV/AIDS Testing
- HIV/AIDS Counselling
- Awareness Campaigns
- Caring for the HIV Infected
- Conducting HIV lessons
- Teaching Children
- Tutoring Help
- Teaching English or Computer Skills
- Sports Education
- Special Education
- Finance and Banking
- Business Coaching
* Age Requirement: You can apply on your own if you are 18 years or over at the start of the program. For participants who are 16-17 years old at the start of the program, it is possible to enroll if the parent or legal guardian gives permission and signs our waiver form to waive our liability.
* You must be able to speak English.
* Medical placement volunteers must have relevant medical training and certification (to be presented on arrival in Ghana).
Starts at USD 180
What is included?
- Accommodation and Meals
- 24/7 Hotline for Support
- Arrival Welcome and Program Orientation
- Volunteer Work Placement
- Regular Cultural/Recreational Activities (Personal spending not included)
What is not included?
- International or Local Transportation Costs (Local bus tickets cost around USD1.)
- Medical/Travel Insurance
- Visa Application Costs
Over 18. For participants who are 16-17 years old at the start of the program, it is possible to enroll if the parent or legal guardian gives permission and signs our waiver form to waive our liability.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups
To make extraordinary volunteer and intern abroad experience universally accessible. We do this by providing programs that Make a Difference to the Global Community, Promote Cross Cultural Understanding, are Customized to Your Needs, have Flexible Work Schedule, and yet are Extremely Affordable (with program fees starting from only USD180).
Thank you so much for the wonderful experience. The host family and the project were both incredible. Working at the Child Discovery Centre was a life changing experience where i got to meet so man...More
Did you participate on a program with CrossContinental?
Share your thoughts!