Garden Dr. Vancouver, B.C. V5N4Y3 Canada
Ghana: Kumasi, Rural Areas, Tamale
Throughout the year
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad)
Typical Duration of Program
We offer affordable volunteer and intern abroad programs in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The programs are customized for you with flexible work schedule and start date. Affordable program fees start from only USD 180 (accommodation, meals, and 24/7 local support included). Our programs are designed to help local communities while at the same time providing valuable learning and cultural experience.
Ghana is truly a multi-cultural country. As a volunteer you should strive to examine, listen and learn the culture of your host country. Thus, you should always linger vigilant and non-judgemental.
Ghanaians are welcoming in nature and among the world's friendliest people. Currently, urbanisation and westernization are breaking down many ancients' beliefs and practices; on the other hand, Ghanaians are still maintaining their traditional African culture with great pride from ancient times to the present.
There are volunteer work placements available in both urban and rural Ghana. Our international volunteer/intern work placements in Ghana include:
- Orphanage Work
- Working with Street Children
- Caring for the Elderly or the Disabled
(2) Community Development
- Developing Business Plans
- Developing Library Facilities
- Women's Empowerment
- Sharing Your Skills
- Medical Placements
- Assisting Health Professionals
- Helping in a Rural Health Post
(4) HIV/AIDS Work
- HIV/AIDS Testing
- HIV/AIDS Counselling
- Awareness Campaigns
- Caring for the HIV Infected
- Conducting HIV lessons
- Teaching Children
- Tutoring Help
- Teaching English or Computer Skills
- Sports Education
- Special Education
- Finance and Banking
- Business Coaching
* Age Requirement: You can apply on your own if you are 18 years or over at the start of the program. For participants who are 16-17 years old at the start of the program, it is possible to enroll if the parent or legal guardian gives permission and signs our waiver form to waive our liability.
* You must be able to speak English.
* Medical placement volunteers must have relevant medical training and certification (to be presented on arrival in Ghana).
Starts at USD 180.
What is included?
- Accommodation and Meals
- 24/7 Hotline for Support
- Arrival Welcome and Program Orientation
- Volunteer Work Placement
- Regular Cultural/Recreational Activities (Personal spending not included)
What is not included?
- International or Local Transportation Costs (Local bus tickets cost around USD 1.)
- Medical/Travel Insurance
- Visa Application Costs
Over 18. For participants who are 16-17 years old at the start of the program, it is possible to enroll if the parent or legal guardian gives permission and signs our waiver form to waive our liability.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups
To make extraordinary volunteer and intern abroad experience universally accessible. We do this by providing programs that Make a Difference to the Global Community, Promote Cross Cultural Understanding, are Customized to Your Needs, have Flexible Work Schedule, and yet are Extremely Affordable (with program fees starting from only USD180).
I really love the people here so yes i'm doing great. I helped donating some books to a school. It was really fun and nice to see how happy you make these children. Also I've been to a goldmine so ...More
Did you participate on a program with CrossContinental?
Share your thoughts!