Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image

TEFL Certification with Costa Rica TEFL!

• Academic Support

TEFL Certification in Paradise...

Obtaining my TEFL certificate in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was a life changing experience. If there is one thing that I will take with me after completing this program, it is the understanding that being a great teacher is one of the most challenging professions, which we often take for granted. Fortunately, I chose the right program to prepare me with the various skills and strategies required to teach ESL. Maximo Nivel and specifically my instructor, Karen Wilke, taught me about what it really means to nurture and foster learning, let alone acquiring a second language. As a global thinker who has been to University twice, I've often reflected on the ways that traditional classrooms are taught and whether I retained the information. There are only a handful of teachers/classes in my lifetime that could compare to this past month in Karen's class. She was constantly engaging and knew exactly how to adapt each class to suit each student's learning styles or our moods that day. There was never a time that the tools she taught were forgotten or hard to grasp, because she made learning fun. At the same time, she was constantly demonstrating to us exactly how to teach our own classes.

I will not lie, the program was intense, however, Karen is extremely compassionate and is the ideal teacher you want to model yourself after. I say that this program was a life changing experience because it changed my outlook on teaching and how I can impact the lives of my students. If you are planning to take a TEFL certification, do not even consider completing an online program. There is no way that an online course can prepare you to walk into a classroom and teach, especially if you have no experience like myself. This program gives you the opportunity to teach several classes and even teaches you how to set up your own private lessons (if that is what you are looking to do). This TEFL program was worth every cent and the administration, Barbara and Karen, were amazing as well and extremely accommodating. Overall, great people and great program with a great view! :)

• Academic Support

Wouldn't trade this experience for the world!

Costa Rica TEFL truly provided me with a ticket to see the world. I am so excited to now be able to get a job in almost any country teaching English--who knows where the future will take me. The program was extremely fun and educational, and I never got bored despite the long days. The combination of taking classes in the morning and teaching classes in the evening, as well as observing peers, always made the time pass quickly. The teacher trainers were knowledgable and engaging, and the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I feel like I truly have a home away from home in Playa Samara and know I will be going back to visit again soon. I would recommend this program to any and all. Thank you Costa Rica TEFL!

• Academic Support

Great program in a fun little town!

I learned so much at Costa Rica TEFL and feel very prepared to start teaching English. The teacher trainers were so helpful throughout the course and I found myself learning things in English I never knew! I feel like I wouldn't have been prepared to teach English without this certification. Playa Samara is a great place to have a school with just enough going on to entertain on the weekends but not to much to distract from my studies. Great school!

Wonderful Experience!

I had a fantastic experience during my time at the Costa Rica TEFL course in Playa Samara. The course was fun yet challenging. During the week we participated in intense training in the mornings and taught real Costa Rican students in the evenings. On the weekends, we spent time at the beach, traveling to nearby towns and enjoying local nightlife. I felt extremely prepared to teach English upon finishing my course and now teach at a local Language Institute - Intercultura and also at the National University of Costa Rica. A+ program!