Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image

Get TEFL Certified in a Tropical Paradise and Teach ESL/ EFL Abroad with Costa Rica TEFL!

Total rewarding experience!

Hi there! My name is Beatriz and I am a native Spanish speaker from Costa Rica.
My experience in TEFL Costa Rica was stimulating in many different ways - one of them, being a learner, was the constant challenge everyday of not only learning the process of teaching, which in my opinion is the most effective approach to teaching, but also being able to learn so many new words and phrases, and all the different semantics notions of English, which helped me to improve my vocabulary tremendously. Costa Rica TEFL also gives the opportunity to students to live a real teaching experience due to their teaching program, and that was one of the most amazing experiences. You learn to build your lessons from scratch, your creativity evolves, and the thrill of teaching and getting good feedback from the students is a rewarding experience if you haven't taught before. The variety of tools to learn and practice and the very experienced trainers makes this program one of the best so far in Costa Rica, and perhaps around the world.
I chose Costa Rica TEFL because Samara is my home, but more importantly because I was able to teach my own people another language, and I as a Spanish speaker fully understand the difficulties students have while learning English as a second language. I have not been able to experience learning in a different country or place where you are not familiar with anything, but I highly recommend Samara since it is a beach town where you can go relax at the beach between breaks, and also, it is a community where there is a need to learn English as a second language.
The trainers are very professional and you can make it through the course smoothly with the right amount of work and effort. They are very creative and their aim is to teach you in a way that you can put it into practice in your own lessons. This procedure, learning and teaching, worked for me perfectly, and I was able to get gratifying and solid results.

COSTA RICA TEFL exceeded my expectations

My experience with Costa Rica TEFL was better than I ever imagined.

The teacher trainers were extremely kind, caring, compassionate and patient with me. Each day I learned a small portion of teaching English as a foreign language and put my skills to use by teaching Costa Rican students. Each lesson I was given feedback that allowed me to improve as I gained more skills and confidence. By the second week, I felt very confident planning and teaching my lessons and each week after, I was able to fine tune my success in the classroom.

I feel very confident in my abilities as an EFL teacher and I am so grateful for the experience to work and learn from such an amazing team!

I would recommend Costa Rica TEFL to anyone considering a TEFL program. Not only was the team amazing, the town of Samara feels like home on the beach. I love it here and I am looking forward to the opportunity to work and live here.

Great experience

I did not expect that the course will benefit me so much and my teachers would be so strong. I know were I am at now and what I need to improve in terms of being a good TEFL teacher. One can use this course not just to become an English language teacher. It is useful for teaching any language or subject that one is good at. Although English is my second language and being a senior level computer programmer I may use this method of teaching for my first language or for teaching specific IT English to computer programmers that lack of English.

• Teacher Support

Stepping out into Something New!

I highly recommend this program. I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 week intensive course in Costa Rica. I am a 59 year old who felt very comfortable with the mixed ages in our group. The program is well organized, teachers excellent and the atmosphere challenging but fun. If you're thinking about something new - go for this one!

• Teacher Support

Great Opportunity, Wonderful experience!

It was a great experience that excel my expectations.
Since the beginning the staff was very helpful and caring with everything. They help me to find a nice and incredible place to stay. Since first day instructions were given with a calendar to follow, this made the whole month well organized and enjoyable.
The course was intensive, well organize and very structure. We were able to learn while we were practicing and this help us a lot to improve.
After this month course and with the TEFL certificate I feel confident to teach. I was able to practice all we were leaning. I strongly recommend taking this course at Costa Rica TELF it is an amazing institution with a lot human warmth.

• Teacher Support

Expand your horizons in a tropical paradise

The Costa Rica TEFL program is amazing. I came into the program having no idea what to expect, never in my wildest dreams believing I would become a teacher of any sort, let alone an English teacher. Boy was I wrong! From the minute I walked into the classroom my perception of teaching was forever changed. Wow what a great experience, super helpful and knowledgable staff who went the extra mile to impart the wisdom they have gained over many years of teaching experience to make sure we were prepared to enter a classroom and teach. I would highly recommend this program to ANYONE looking for a way to travel the world or even just gain a different experience to put on their resume.

Worth The Investment!

TEFL Costa Rica was a great surprise for me. I didn't expect such a professional program to come out of this little sleepy town of Samara. The Staff and Teachers as well as the Owner are professional, bright, compassionate and energetic. This one month course was action packed with a good balance of classroom learning time and teaching time. My days were a minimum of 12 hours, but I am grateful for every minute. TEFL CR prepared me to teach in an environment where resources are limited and the course gave me the structure and experience I needed to hit the road running. If you are serious about taking an intense 4 week course, this is it!

August 2013

The Costa Rica TEFL program is excellent in an excellent location! The teachers and staff are all helpful and passionate about what they are doing. It is by the beach in a foreign country. The classes prepare you for teaching. The best part are the students and getting hands-on practice.

Genuinely Satisfied

As a person who has a little more age on him and a little more experience in life, I was looking for both proper training and some exciting adventure with the TEFL course I took. With Costa Rica TEFL, I got both!
The training was serious and thorough and the teachers were caring and patient (with me especially–it had been a while since I’d been in school). The teaching and support staff was genuine and always available to help me. In fact Barbara, the owner was around every day and always willing to help as well. Really a nicely run school. It gave me the necessary tools to become what I believe is a good ESL teacher. One who uses the latest techniques, namely the Communicative approach to teaching, to reach students on a personal level and to help them identify and reach the goals they have for learning the English language. I recommend the Cost Rica TEFL School highly for the proper training and support they provide.
If travel,adventure, beauty, and desire to explore a precious and wonderful world, is what you are after by becoming an ESL Teacher, then starting your adventure at Costa Rica TEFL is the perfect beginning for you! Samara, CR is a beautiful Pacific coast town, not yet disturbed by too much modern development. Samara gives you the opportunity to swim, surf, sun , eat (food is fantastic!), and explore until your heart’s content. I truly enjoyed my time in Samara, CR.
Last but definitely not least, Barbara, the owner and her staff had promised me, from before my course began, that they would be available After my course was completed to help me with possible teaching jobs. Well, They Kept their promise and more! I, to this day, continue to be in touch with Barbara and Bill at CR TEFL and they continue to be extremely helpful to me. This part was very important to me and I am very satisfied with the outcome. I have and continue to teach English as a second language to students all over the world and I Love it!
Now to finish, and I mean this with all sincerity, Costa Rica TEFL has been, and continues to be, a wonderful decision for me, and I recommend it highly for you as well. In fact, anyone of any age, who seriously wants to become a Certified and Qualified ESL Teacher should attend the Costa Rica TEFL school.

Billy Vogel