Guatemala: Antigua, Chimaltenango, Huehuetenango and 3 other cities
Typical Duration of Program
August 6-11, 2013; January 31-February 9, 2014; or February 18-23, 2014
Experience a short-term volunteer vacation at its best! You will deliver badly-needed textbooks and inaugurate brand-new computer centers throughout the Guatemalan highlands with nonprofit organization Cooperative for Education (CoEd). You will have a week of celebrations and opportunities to interact with the children and families CoEd serves. Your presence will make an important contribution to CoEd projects by showing the communities that the programs are well-supported and around for the long term.
* See Cooperative for Education projects in action.
* Bring vital educational materials to needy schools.
* Experience the beauty of various parts of the Guatemalan highlands and the richness of its indigenous culture.
* Learn about Guatemalan history, traditions, foods, culture and current events.
* Shop in artisans' markets featuring some of the most exquisite hand-crafted items in the Americas.
* Enjoy both service and social time while traveling in tourist class accommodations.
Over age 21
USD 1,275 - USD 1,775
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups
in Groups of 25
The mission of Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is to help Guatemalan schoolchildren break the cycle of poverty through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by implementing sustainable textbook, computer, reading, library, and scholarship programs in impoverished schools. Through these programs, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.