OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study Social Entrepreneurship at the University of Cape Town

View detailed rating

This experience is why I was elected President of the United States

Just kidding. I'm not president of the United States, but I can imagine that if I was, I would utilize a lot of the lessons I learned while I was with Connect-123. They taught me about culture, hard work, and sustainability. They put me up in a sweet loft that had a great view of Cape Town's ocean. They took me sand boarding. Last but not least, they made the study abroad process easier than it has been for all of my other friends. For that, I am most grateful.

Oh, and they discouraged me from baboon fighting, which probably means they saved my life. Thanks, Connect-123!

View detailed rating

The Social Entrepreneurship program with...

The Social Entrepreneurship program with Connect-123 was nothing of what I expected to say the least. The first thing I learned is that you can't guess what the experience is going to be like until you get out there and do it. Learning business in the class room is one thing, but getting into the real world and facing real challenges is another.

Through the program's real life experiences coupled with the classroom training, I feel much more prepared to enter the business world for myself than ever before. The guidance I received along the way gave me the confidence to take on business ventures without fearing being left out in the dark. If you have any interest in going into the business world, I would definitely recommend spending a semester in Cape Town to prepare yourself to face the challenges the world has to throw at you.