Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot

Medical & Public Health Internships in Shanghai

Beijing United Family Hospitals and Clinics (Beijing placement, Shanghai based).

For a summer, I interned at Beijing United Family Hospitals and Clinics. It was bar none, one of the best experiences of my life in terms of cultural connections, and health care experiences. I interned at the Department of Family Medicine and Department of Pediatrics. I helped put together a computer program for the Pediatrics department to help them place orphans in dire need of life-saving operations to hospitals in the United States and Singapore and Western Europe. For the Department of Family Medicine, I helped them construct a diabetic database for a growing diabetes population in China. I would recommend this internship for anyone who aspires to be a health care professional to help them become more culturally competent and understand the ever-evolving face of healthcare as it changes around the world.