Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot

Law & Public Policy Internships

Awesome!

Connect-123 did a good job arranging my internship, accommodation and facilitating my stay here. Because of their tremendous help, I faced little hassle in settling down and making Cape Town my home for 5 months. The coordinators are always there to fix any problems promptly and efficiently. Also, they are very friendly and willing to help any time. I’ve also forged valuable friendships here with the other interns, despite coming from different countries with cultural differences. The smooth transition from Singapore to Cape Town and my fellow interns definitely contributed to the amazing experience I’ve had here.
I worked in a non-profit which focuses on refugees’ rights, and I have learnt a lot from it. I familiarized myself with South Africa’s human rights law and refugee law, which demonstrated the gap between theory and reality. My internship exposed me to the injustices that many refugees faced, and it was a harsh reminder that human rights progress is still far from maturity in South Africa.

Besides the internship, Cape Town as a whole is amazing. The experience here will not be complete without hiking up the many mountains this place got to offer, as well as exploring the Cape Malay quarters in Bo-Kaap, the bustling nightlife in Long Street, the scenic route from Muizenberg to Simon’s Town, and most importantly, interacting with the friendly locals. The best part is, Connect-123 arranges many tours to the various attractions, thus making it more convenient for those who prefer to experience everything without the hassle of planning them.