Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot

Intern in Buenos Aires with Connect-123!

The Little Engine That Could

When I first arrived to BA, Argentina I was so excited, but I also had so many fears. This was my first time out of the country so my host mom, Connect 123 coordinator Paula, my fellow interns , & my supervisors at work made me feel super welcomed. They all really cared about my well being and answered any questions I had. Thanks to Connect 123 I was able to meet new people, navigate through the city smart & wisely, and work at an amazing job site. I never knew I was capable of functioning in another country outside of my own. I've learned so many things about myself just by being here. If it wasn't for Connect 123 connecting me to everything else & letting me know when things were happening in the province, I don't think my time here would have been as amazing. The only thing I can say I don't like is that Connect 123 arranges a driver to pick you up from the airport, but does not drop you back off to the airport, but other than that, my time here will be an experience I will never forget!

Had a great experience!

I was in Buenos Aires for 2 full months doing a hand-selected internship in my field. The process from start to finish with Connect-123 was great. They helped me find the right internship and even offered options for me. They were responsive throughout the whole process and extremely friendly. The internship was a great placement and I was able to get really involved in the company and it's activities. Everything was great, Paula and Katie helped me anytime I needed anything including advice when my mom and grandma came to visit and we took a mini-vacation.

Connect-123 was top notch and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The get togethers were great and they had lots of events to help us get more involved. The only down side was that the family I lived with was more like a party house and they all spoke English most of the time, although everyone was Spanish-speaking. Now, I got lazy and just spoke English with them rather than insisting that we speak Spanish so part of that is on me. I felt the room was somewhat more expensive than it was worth, BUT I would not hesitate to go with Connect-123 again. I met several other Connect-ers who had either been on multiple trips or different trips and just happened to be in BA at the same time as me and they were all very positive about their experiences as well. I would most definitely recommend Connect-123 to everyone.