Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot

Intern in Barcelona with Connect-123!

Interning in Barcelona

My experience with Connect-123 Barcelona was more incredible than anything I could have imagined. I had no expectations upon arriving in Barcelona, and soon found myself falling in love with this city and its people. Connect-123 helped make sure I was comfortable, taking the time to find the right internship that would fit my interests, and making sure everything went well from the beginning, to the end! I felt as though I had a constant support while I explored the city. I learned so much at my internship and developed long lasting relationships with my coworkers. I really recommend this program to anyone who is exploring their interests, or looking to forward those they already know!

As for Barcelona, there is no better city to be young and curious! It's beautiful, in both its architecture, nature, people, and culture.
Thank you so much connect 123!

Marketing & Communications Internship

It is hard to believe that it has been almost four months since I have returned from my internship in Barcelona. It is still an experience that I reflect upon nearly every day, especially as I approach my graduation and try to figure out what I want do with my future. Although I am still figuring out exactly what I want to make of my life, I am now confident that I will one day find it, and will forever be thanking Lea Levy and Connect-123 for helping me get there.

From day one, Lea was extremely accommodating in helping me find the proper placement and ensuring I had a top-notch experience. We Skyped about my aspirations, and within a short period of time I was set up for an internship with a company that matched my interests and resume perfectly. As soon as I landed in Barcelona, I was shown around town and given suggestions about where to shop, eat, and have fun. If I ever had any questions or needed assistance, I could count on Lea to be just an email or phone call away. I couldn't have ever guessed that what I anticipated to be such a huge "leap of faith" would be such a smooth transition.

After having two weeks of exploring the city and learning Spanish at my quickest rate ever with Camino Barcelona, it was time for me to begin my Marketing & Communications internship. I was pretty sure that I would enjoy the work and learn quite a bit, but I had no idea to what extent. Every single day I was faced with new challenges, and with each moment spent in the office I grew closer to my co-workers and developed my professional skills. By doing my best to immerse myself in the local culture, while also traveling about half of the weekends, I became more in-touch with myself and expanded my worldview more than ever before.

Interning abroad was an experience that I will never forget, and will always be thankful for. During all of my interviews thus far, potential employers have been very excited about my experience in Barcelona and have told me how impressive it is. If you want to boost your resume while also gaining a stronger understanding of yourself and the world, I urge you to intern abroad through Connect-123.