Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot

Education, Community Service & Social Work Internships

Dublin Fall Internship 2015

Interning abroad in Dublin taught me more than I ever thought or hoped going into the experience. Not only did I learn so many new things about my field in social work at Foroige but I learned a lot about myself and many other cultures. I got the opportunity to meet and live with multiple people from different countries and made lifelong friends in the process. I come from a small town and learning about how other people live around the world was so fascinating to me. I thought going into this I would only learn more about social work from a different aspect but I never thought I would learn so much about myself and I never imagined making as many amazing people along the way. It was truly a life changing experience and I will always be thankful for Connect 1-2-3 for helping me make this step forward in my life and future career!
Thanks Connect 123!
Alisha Webber

Youth Work Internship

My internship with the Aisling Project was phenomenal in all aspects. My supervisor guided me anytime I needed help and my coworkers were passionate about working with children. I was able to learn about the unique needs of children from less than perfect situations and how to best address those needs. The internship will be valuable to me both in determining my own career goals as well as encouraging future employers that I am capable of working with children.

Aisling Project Youth Coordinator for the Summer Program

Howdy, my name is Maddie Prause from Texas A&M University and this past summer I had the privilege of interning at the Aisling Project in Dublin. First off, I I could not actually believe what an incredible summer this one became. From the best roomates and the other long-lasting friendships formed from other participants in the program, to all the exciting socials from the beginning of my stay I knew I was meant to be here. As a youth coordinator for an underprivileged children’s summer program in the Ballymun area I worked with their Transition students around the ages of 12-15. Basically I got to attend many of field trips exploring all their beautiful country had to offer as well as promote leadership through all different types of activities. These kids quickly stole my heart and we had the best times traveling, creating arts and crafts, or doing community service. Their Irish culture made a profound impact on me and I learn things that classrooms simply could not offer. I had an unbelievable incredible time thanks to Connect for coordinating my internship as well as the lovely housing at UCD. If I could return back to my internship in Dublin I would drop everything and go right now! If you ever have the opportunity to travel abroad go go go!