Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs Header Image Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs Header Image

Education, Community Service & Social Work Internships

The Best Summer I've Ever Had

I can't begin to describe the amount of respect and gratitude I have for Connect 123 as a company in providing the best summer experience of my life, abroad, in Barcelona, Spain. Essentially, I felt complete immersion and like a Spaniard. I held two different internships while I was there: one in a primary school, and when the school year was over I worked in a kid's day camp as a monitor. I was able to speak Spanish everyday, all day, I made native friends, went on weekend trips, etc.
Although I did not enjoy the university residence as much, that was the requirement of my group's university and not a requirement of Connect 123, I loved living with my group from the U.S. because it made this big city feel a little more homey; especially, when I was completely immersed in this new culture all day long.
The staff of Connect 123, connected our group with other Connect 123 participants before the trip through Facebook. They also organized weekly to bi-weekly activities to have fun together and enjoy our new Spanish and Mediterranean environment. They constantly kept in contact via email before, during, and even after the program. I never felt an absence of support or respect. I would highly recommend them as a good internship abroad company to use to anybody considering an internship abroad.
Connect 123 felt like family away from family and I still keep in contact with many of them long after my program has ended. Now, they'll always be my Spain family.