College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) Header Image College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) Header Image

CCIS: London--Kingston University

Awesome

I had an amazing time at Kingston University! ! It was a once in a lifetime experience!! I met great people and loved being able to jump on a train any time I wanted to go into London. There was a lot to do to actually get there and a lot of money was spent, but I would do it all over in a heart beat!!

AMAZING

If your thinking about studying abroad the only answer i can give you is take the chance because you will not regret it. Kingston University was one of the greatest experiences of my life and there isn't a day that goes by that i don't miss it. Between the city, culture, food, people, school, shopping and much more it is sure to be the greatest trip you will ever go on. I am so happy i took the plunge and went to study abroad because i have the greatest memories and stories to tell for the future.

London Review

My study abroad was incredible. The time I spent in London was packed with historical knowledge and content, as well a modern day world view that is unparalleled. The academic aspect is also very intricate and was everything one would expect from a British School. I was incredibly satisfied and wish I could go again.

London Review

Amazing

I had a great experience and wouldn't have changed anything. I experienced so many things that helped me grow and learn!

I had an amazing experience through the CCIS Kingston Summer program!

Kingston Summer School was an amazing experience. I met a ton of people from all over, and made some very strong friendships. I learned a lot about myself on this program, and definitely grew as an independent person. I was able to see parts of the world that I have always dreamed of seeing, and every single day was a new adventure holding new opportunities. I wouldn't change my experience for anything.

Experience

You should visit because there is lots to learn and lots of fun optional trips. The staff treated me nice and I would go again if there was the option.

A semester that will ultimately change your life.

The CCIS Kingston University program had ultimately change my life through the education and new everlasting friendships. It was a fantastic to way to travel abroad for the first time. I truly recommend this program to anyone.

A program that was exceptionally designed.

I thought that the organization set out by the program was beyond what I had expected. The quality and design of this study abroad experience made me feel right at home a student who had never been abroad before.

The best decision I've ever made was to take part in this program!

It was the most intellectually stimulating and culturally expanding experience I've ever taken part in. Not only did I take classes with great professors and get to travel, I also made so many friends whom I hope to keep forever. I would definitely recommend the program to all.

Greatest Semester I've Had!

My time at Kingston University was completely amazing! My professors were great, I made lifelong friends, and I had many incredible experiences along the way. London is one of the greatest cities in the world, without a doubt! Kingston's easy access to central London makes exploring new places very simple. Kingston is wonderful for international students; the events put on by the school helped me get to know my fellow travelers and make the most of my time there. I fell in love with London, I can't wait to go back, and I recommend this program to everyone! You will not regret it!

England is Always a Good Idea

I decided to study abroad at Kingston University for a month during the summer after my sophomore year. It was the perfect length of time, in my opinion, and a great location. It was a great way to immerse myself in a different culture without being in a country where I did not speak the language. For the most part, the professors do a great job with balancing in-class lectures with outside excursions. The program hosts a variety of social events to make sure students get to know one another. Also, when I went, there were optional weekend trips to Paris, Ireland, or Scotland that you could sign up for. I would definitely recommend taking advantage of those opportunities since I greatly enjoyed the Ireland and Paris trips, and heard great things about the Scotland one. It was really easy to commute around the city since the program includes a 1-month travel card. It was intimidating and overwhelming at first, but it was surprisingly easy to learn how to use. The only struggle was being responsible for your own meals as there was no meal plan. Overall, it was one of the best experiences of my life and I learned more about the world and myself than I ever could have imagined.

Experience of a life time

My program through Montana State was exceptional. I saw things that I have only read about in my history textbook, and every moment left me in awe. My councilors were amazingly supportive and understanding, and my university teachers were amazing and new-minded. I loved it, and I would recommend this to all of my friends.

Life changing

How do you sum up the experience of a life time? Having the chance to travel somewhere, and not only visit but live there and experience the country, learn so many things, meet so many people is the greatest thing I can ask for. So glad I took this trip.

Indescribably Life Chaning

There isn't, nor do I think there will ever be, and experience in my life that would amount to this one. Studying abroad in London was above all the best decision I ever decided to make. I loved my stay, I loved the people I met, and more then anything I'm ready to go back- and I've only been home for a month. From the start Montana State University helped me more then my home university had in getting me through the process, from the moment I started until the moment I took off to London, they guided me and helped me. From the airport, I was greeted by welcoming Kingston University Staff. Despite my nerves and my lack of knowledge in my unknown surroundings, I made it to the dorms and was left on my own. My classes were decent, they definitely related to my major, though slightly repetitive.

Honestly, the experience is what you make it and who you decide to surround yourself with. I personally went with the more British friends, lack of American friends route, which in the end left me with unforgettable experiences and a place to always go back to whenever I want. If you go in with an open mind, a thrill for adventure, and just jump in with all you've got. If I could do anything differently it would be to have extended my stay- it was literally the best experience of my life- so if you're given the opportunity.. TAKE IT!

Absolutely Incredible

Everything about Kingston University's Summer Abroad program was well put together, easy to do, fun, and filled with learning about true English culture. I loved the staff and learned so much about the world in my month abroad at Kingston! And my calves got super sculpted too!

Studying Theatre in London

I really loved my experience in London and I am very grateful that I took the opportunity to study abroad there. The class I took was Live Theatre with Patsy Trench. She is an amazing professor, and the class was a perfect mixture of watching theatre productions, class discussions, lectures, and group activities. There is so much to see and do in London when you have free time, and the people there are very friendly and willing to help out if you need it.

Best Summer of my life.

I had one of the best experiences of my life at Kingston University. The faculty was amazing, the trips were awesome, and the experience as a whole was so much fun.

Great Experience

Very friendly, always responded to e-mails and questions ASAP

Studying abroad in England at Kingston University will remain one of my fondest memories for the rest of my life.

Kingston University had a lot to offer. Not only did they have a large range of general activities, clubs, and workshops to particpate in at the university, but the university had a friendly and academic atmosphere that I was easily able to settle into. I found the International Office there particularly helpful, they planned many outings so you could get to know other international students and that is how I met many of my friends there (but not all though!) I especially found the coordinator of the International Office, Paul Wilkinson, extremely helpful and kind. He helped me countless times with whatever I needed! Similary, Alyson Roberts was very helpful while I planned my trip abroad in the United States. My stay at Clayhill Hall of Residence in Surbiton was good. The location was fabulous and the bus service to and from the high street of Surbiton to the university was great. I did struggle some with a couple of my flatmates, and some of the staff at Clayhill Hall of Residence weren't very helpful, but otherwise the stay was very nice! I visited London many times as well as the surrounding area and several other cities in the UK as well as Nice in France, Europe. I will not soon forget this experience, it was a great opportunity, and I am thrilled I got to participate.

Great Study Abroad Experience

This is the type of program for people who want to enjoy London. The program offers many excursions around London such as seeing a play. The professors at the university are welcoming and do care about the success of their students.

A Great Introduction to Studying Abroad!

My experience at Kingston University gave me so much incentive to go abroad again. I think this program is perfect for someone like me who does not have a lot of time to study abroad during their undergrad career but still want a taste of the experience. I was able to see so much despite my short time in London. My classes included a lot of field trips (it seemed like about half of the class sessions were field trips) so I did not feel like they intruded on my time abroad. My only complaint is the location of the student housing the program includes. It made getting to attractions in London very difficult as there was about a 20 minute walk to the train station (and it took an additional 20 minutes to get to the nearest tube station in London).

Great experience

Overall, my experience of CCIS was great. My advisor for the program was extremely helpful and was always easy to get in contact with if I had any questions. The program always seemed very organized and helpful with any issues that might of proceeded though the semester abroad. Overall , I enjoyed my experience abroad and CCIS was a huge part of that.

A Great Experience in a New Place With Other International Students

Kingston University was very successful in providing a generally easy transition from my life and my studies in America to England. There were a few hiccups in my registration before I arrived. However, these issues were easily remedied when I actually talked to someone in person. Overall, the orientation process combined with the British Life and Culture class enabled me to adapt to the new place I was living and gain some essential context in terms of history, current events, and international identity. When I arrived, I had no knowledge of what kind of area Kingston Upon Thames would be like to live in. I found the area to be beautiful, safe, a little expensive, and not nearly as crowded as Central London. Once I figured out the transportation, it became short trip to anyplace I wanted to visit within London and an easy trip whenever I wanted to travel to more distant places. Adjusting to classes at Kingston University was okay. Grading, lecture, and expectations were completely different from what I was used to. Everyone was given enough information on the possible differences in relation to educational upon arrival. The only thing I wish Kingston University could have done was provide a little more opportunity to meet with the local students. Admittedly though, I can see how that would be difficult because even though I had some classes with local students, most people only chatted with those they new from previous modules. However, I do think the University clumped all the international students together for better or for worse. Overall, I had a great experience, I made many international friends, and I would recommend Kingston University to anyone.

Great Experience in London

Although the first few weeks at Kingston were a little rough, it ended up being a great experience. The university is not in central London, but transportation into the city is easy. Kingston and the surrounding towns offer many restaurants and shopping, but it should be kept in mind that this is not a major city. The university is on different campuses, so walking or talking the bus is a necessity. The classes were interesting, but definitely a change from classes in the US. If given the chance I would do this program again.