We are pleased that Cleveland State is among your academic choices. Our students are fond of claiming that the entire city is our campus as both classroom and laboratory for study, practical experience and recreation.
* The University embraces distinctive emphases accessibility, urban focus, strong faculty research and publications, large graduate enrollments which taken together form a unique and dynamic educational institution in service to the community.
* CSU is the most diverse public institution in the State of Ohio and is a national and state leader in preparing and graduating minority students from graduate and professional programs.
* Eighty-five percent of CSUs graduates remain in northeast Ohio to live and to work, contributing to every dimension of the regions economic and civic life.
* Cleveland is the economic and cultural center of the region. As such, it attracts professionals who are eager to continue their education. CSU enrolls the largest percentage of graduate students among all state universities in Ohio.
* The University has become a distinctive international institution as well, enrolling more than 700 students from over 60 nations and placing students in internships in ten overseas partnerships.
* The University currently has more than 100 partnerships in place with civic, non-profit, and corporate entities in the region, including with the Cleveland Clinic in biomedical research and engineering, the Advanced Manufacturing Center to meet research and development needs, and more than 60 with education and social service agencies.
* A drive for campus expansion and renovation has resulted in: a new law library, a new building for the College of Business, a new Center for Health Sciences, and a new building for Urban Affairs; and major renovations in the College of Engineering and Student Services facilities.
* Over the past decade, CSU has built a strong technological platform which enables enhanced support for faculty research and for classroom instruction. Compressed video instruction is offered at ten remote locations in the region, and interactive connections are available worldwide.
* Fundraising has expanded over the past decade, with endowed funds growing from 6.6 million in 1993 to more than 25 million today. The University is now planning for a comprehensive capital campaign. Located in the heart of the Greater Cleveland area, the University is an integral part of the life of the city. With a population of approximately 2.8 million, Cleveland is noted for its rich cultural and ethnic diversity.
Cleveland State is a student-focused center of scholarly excellence that provides an accessible and exceptional education. A leader in innovative collaboration with business, industry, government, educational institutions and the community, Cleveland State is a critical force in the region's economic development.