City Internships Header Image City Internships Header Image

Global Explorer Program: Intern, Learn, Lead, Grow & Travel

Accounting intern in LA

Through CI’s global summer internship program, I was able to gain eight weeks working experience in an accounting firm in Los Angeles. Travelling has always been a passion of mine and this was the perfect opportunity to combine exploring a new city with a potential new career. As a current law student, I had zero experience within the accounting industry but it was the direction that I knew I wanted to pursue after graduating. Having applied and been accepted onto this program, the CI team were able to place me with the employer they considered the best professional fit for my career aspirations. During my time interning I gained hands on, practical experience in a tax firm and the seminars provided through CI, developed many techniques to use when applying for jobs (CV and interview tips for example) but will continue to be beneficial right through into my professional career.

Understandably, moving away to an unfamiliar city may seem like a daunting experience for many, but the CI team made this transition much more manageable and were always on hand to give advice whenever needed, no matter how trivial. Throughout this experience, I have grown as an individual in both a professional and personal sense, whilst becoming more prepared and driven towards my chosen career and having met so many people from across the world, sharing this experience with them, is something I cannot thank CI enough for.

Final words of advice – don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, this whole opportunity exceeded my expectations and more and if given the opportunity, would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

An excellent experience

The CI team were very friendly and helpful. A good experience of making friends and business connections with other employers. An excellent opportunity to enhance my CV. I felt very confident and prepared for my work.

Defining moment in life!

City Internships not only opened the door for me to get involved with the entertainment world in LA, but also provided perfect placement with the company I interned with. My bosses became my mentors! The experience encouraged me to make a cross-country move. And I gained life friends from across the globe that I can call family.

Global Internships Student ambassador program

This program allowed me to improve upon my professional skills, as well as meet amazing life long friends. I was able to get my foot in the door in an industry that is usually difficult to get experience in at this young of an age. This past summer was the best summer I've had to date.

London summer intern 2015

City Internships has connections with smaller, very unique companies and can place interns into very specific and unique roles in their field that a student in university would very rarely come across. The program is very well-run. Weekly events are fun and give interns on the program a chance to bond with other interns and the mentors at City Internships. They also have professional development seminars, which are always useful. The accommodation is typical UK student housing, but is centrally located. Overall great program and would definitely recommend!

(Summer Intern 2015) - London

Very good experience, took me from being virtually only student minded/oriented to an intern of the globally dynamic business scene of London. My internship enabled me to to adapt to working on the global scene, and working with people of other nationalities. The program was structured well, and had useful seminars to attend. Also it helped me make some friends and memories that i will truly never forget.

Marketing Intern New York City

City Internships has helped me climb the next step in my career ladder. The program has given me a great experience as an intern in a fast-paced marketing company and has allowed me to make life-long friendships and invaluable networking contacts for the future. There is ongoing support throughout the programme through weekly seminars and contact with the programme mentors on a regular basis. I will remember this amazing experience for years to come!

8 weeks in London with City Intern

I was lucky enough to take an Internship through City Internships over the summer of 2016. For anyone who is looking for that vital work experience, I would highly recommend CI. The course gave me a brilliant insight into the workings of a business and has helped me gain greater career direction. The CI team were welcoming and engaging and made my time spent in London very enjoyable. I would strongly encourage anyone taking a CI program to fully immerse themselves in the social aspect and events as, for me, they were a highlight and were always great fun and well organised. Overall, the program goes above and beyond what could be expected of a normal internship and has put me in great stead for leaving university and building my career.

A great experience

This program is great if you take advantage of all the opportunities available such as career seminars and the many socials. You meet like minded people and get to explore the city with fellow interns who soon become good friends.
The Program Advisers are always willing to help and offer guidance whether it concerns living arrangements or your internship placement.

Legal Intern

City Internships is an excellent pathway to finding an internship that suits you. The program is structured so that you are well looked after during your internship, and they also provide career seminars in order to help and advise you about the graduate market. Furthermore they put on many socials and residential trips away where you can meet other interns from all over the world, and above all they are a lot of fun!