CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Summer Photography in Australia - Edge of the Outback

Incredible

Coming from someone who never traveled outside the country before this program, I definitely think that it opens up the door to different cultures and places for you. While it didn't really feel like I was in Australia until about halfway through, it was amazing to see a place I never even dreamed possible that I would be able to see. Three weeks doesn't seem like that long, and it isn't at all. If anything, it's not enough time there. Sure, the class and learning part is great (with awesome instructors) but the experience of seeing new places with people who will become some of your best friends is worth more than you can put into words.

Being someone who really enjoys photography, the class was incredible. However, I don't think that I learned that much, but I believe that the entire experience provided by the program itself more than makes up for it.

I really enjoyed the hostel and all the places we stayed in. They were different than anything I was used to or thought we would have, which added to the experience of being in a new culture and everything.

I loved becoming a local. We walked everywhere, we did what the locals did, we left what we knew behind and did what everyone else was doing. It was a very good experience.

Great experience in the Outback!

The course was fantastic! Our instructors were knowledgable, our material interesting, and our time their was fun.

The teachers knew the material and how to best present it. They also worked well at working 1-on-1 with any student.

Housing did not only contain students in the program but migrant workers as well. It was distracting.

It was nice to learn about the Aboriginal artwork that we encountered. Also being able to interact with the locals was a plus.

Great! They were willing to work with the students to fix problems that were not even their fault in the first place.

Felt completely safe wherever we went in Australia.

Social Life:
The Australian football game which we went to was absolutely awesome! The rules of the game or more so lack of rules made the game fast paced and soon we were cheering with the regulars.

?

I dont know what i'm supposed to put here

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be rating the EOTO program or CIS...

I never once felt like I wasn't 100% safe

Social Life:
Staying in the hostel and meeting backpackers from around the world was sooo much fun! Plus we went out with them on the weekends and that was a blast!

Great Program put on by La Trobe! Bad Predeparture/admission by CIS!

Anyone who is interested in the course I would highly recommend the Summer Photography EOTO program, but DO NOT do this through CIS go through Global Links! I had nothing but trouble with CIS and was very misinformed. Every student from CIS in this program was very uninformed our scheduled departure dates were even wrong and La Trobe ate the hotel bill and apologized for CIS's poor communication. Everyone in Global links had no trouble and we were told all the paperwork was received by La Trobe early unlike CIS who submitted late...

Always felt safe.

Fun Bars and Night Life.

A great experience

I am overall very satisfied with the EOTO program and La Trobe staff. This was an amazing experience and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I am, however, disgusted with CIS and would never use them again even if they paid me. There was far too much misinformation and meeting many other students who had the same problems made me feel taken advantage of. The EOTO program is 100% worth pursuing and someone of any level can succeed in this course.

rigor is appropriate for course length and content.

dirty and unfavorable living conditions.

great involvement in local affairs and culture.

happy with all things related to La Trobe (overseas university) but incredibly displeased with all administration related to CIS.

i felt fairly safe, but i think that it is a poor decision to put foreign students in a hostel with other foreigners who sometimes partake in illegal activities/business.

Social Life:
everyone i was living with was courteous and easy to get along with.