CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Summer In Rome

Studied for 5 years in Rome, Italy. It was beyond amazing. Indulged in the history, the culture and the social life in the city and spent my weekends on fascinating trips throughout all of Italy. My CISAbroad Advisers also provided us with very cool opportunities to get the full Italian experience. I lived in a spacious apartment in very reasonable proximity to both the school and the center of the city. I loved it!

Great people, great program

Going on the weekend excursions through the university was truly memorable.

I choose the program because I wanted to go to Italy.

My accommodations was a great, big apartment overlooking the city!

Great people, great program

The people who were our advisors from CIS on the trip were so helpful! In Rome, i would have preferred attending John Cabot university over the American University of Rome.

GREAT staff!

CIS is AMAZING

CIS was a huge help with getting me adjusted to a different lifestyle. I would 100% go through them again!

Amazing Time in Rome

Though I was just dropped off in Italy without any knowledge of the country or help getting any where except my apartment, my month there was truly spectacular. The only thing I would change is the amount of classes I took. Other than that there is not a thing I would change about my experience. I wish I could go back to Rome everyday. Living in a local neighborhood was probably my favorite part about the program. If you plan on traveling else where while abroad use bus2alps. It's a program that helps students travel on the weekends. I wish I had known about it before hand. My time in Rome was an adventure that I am forever grateful for.

I would have liked a better welcoming in to the country. Was just dropped off at an apartment without any clue what to do.

Thankfully nothing happened to me, but there were a few sketchy moments in Rome. You have to keep a look out constantly, or be with someone who's keeping a good eye on things.

Social Life:
Going out to the bars or just walking around town was always entertaining. Most young people were super friendly.

CIS Study Abroad In Rome was an experience of a lifetime!

The program coordinators were always there to help with every step of the process since it is a long one but it is worth it when you know that just in a couple of weeks or so you will be traveling to another country. The school that I was in, was overall great, the staff was super nice and very helpful. I had such a great experience in Rome and CIS made it that much better. They helped me feel at home and the people that I attended school with were great. Learning about a new culture was an experience but it is one that I would do all over again.

The professors were very easy to talk to and they tried to help everyone out when it came to what to know fo exams.

The apartment I lived in was well taken care of and accomodated all of us living their.

Finding out about the culture was an experience but I eventually figured out how to deal with it and tried to everything the Italian way.

The administrator I had was very nice and helped us out in anyway possible.

I have to say it was somewhat noisy due to the bus or tram but it was easy to walk at during the night as well as the day.

Social Life:
Places around where I lived and went to school had some really nice people, since me as well as my roomates became regular customers so we made some friends.

Summer in Rome 2015

Amazing experience worth every penny. The food was unbelievable and the tourist sites were beautiful. Take advantage of the weekend trips made available through the schools. Also utilize the maintenance requests because they are super helpful.

Excellent Program!

I loved the Summer in Rome Program because my classes were fun and hands-on, the program allowed me plenty of free time to live like a local and explore on my own while also offering planned trips! I would highly recommend this program for those who are leaving the country for the first time.

Summer in Rome

I loved my experience studying abroad. I liked the evening tours we did with CIS abroad. I wish they gave us more tips in the beginning like how to grocery shop, order food, get train tickets etc. the welcome and far well dinners were awesome too. I loved my school I studied at

Summer in Rome

Studying abroad in Rome, Italy with CISabroad was one of the best decisions I've ever made! The staff was so friendly and helpful, and they were enjoyable to spend time with too. They planned a welcome dinner, different day trips, as well as a farewell dinner. Our student apartment was in a great location, just a short tram ride from center city Rome and from the night life. The college campus was also either a short walk or short bus ride from our apartment. I always felt safe where I lived, which was a huge relief. If I had the opportunity to study abroad again, I would certainly choose CISabroad!

Well-Done, CIS!

I loved my time in Rome thanks to CIS! It was very organized and we loved hanging out with Chris, Romina and Alessandro!

We had some confusion with our Archaeology 101 class and the student life excursions were unorganized.

Very organized!

Rome is not the safest place to live, but for the most part I felt safe.

Try something new everyday!!

I am awful at remembering the names and places in Rome but the way I seemed to always find good authentic food was to go off the beaten path and away from the tourist looking places find the whole in the wall mom and pop places and you will have some of the most amazing food combinations and best experience!!

My classes where no super easy but not extremely hard and allowed my to explore and experience Rome.

Bugs in our apt even when everything is clean and extremely uncomfortable pillows. I loved the location we were in and the people I was with!

Great execrations that got me to areas I would have never found on my own!

They where all great!!

Don't be dumb, at night always be with a friend or two. Always tell someone your plans or when you should be back. I never felt unsafe on my visit in Rome.

Social Life:
Interesting night life going out different from what is the norm in US.

Good

CIS was an okay program to go through. I loved our advisors, Josh, Chris and Romina who were in Italy if we ever had an issue. I never had an issue but I did get to see them on other planned occasions. I felt as though we could've been advised a little bit more through the program with help on either navigating the city or more opportunities to go with our advisors and do things.

I never really felt unsafe like they told us we might

Social Life:
Campo and G bar were the bomb

Summer in Rome

I would definitely recommend CISabroad to anyone looking to study abroad in Rome. I lived in a great area, which is such a big factor while abroad. The staff while abroad was really helpful too when it came to planning things for the weekends.

The professors I had while abroad were great. However, I wasn't able to be put into my top choices for classes because they were already full.

I lived in a great area of Rome that made it easy to get into center city Rome as well as easy and close to get to the nightlife of Rome.

I lived in an area with the native Italians and below my apartment building was lots of cafes and shops.

The staff I had abroad was awesome and always willing to help me with planning of weekend trips and things like that. They also held a Welcome and Farewell Dinner, which was really nice to meet other students doing the program.

I definitely felt prepared because of how much they stressed watching your purse/wallet due to all the people that pickpocket tourists. The living situation was in a safe area and I didn't run into any problems while abroad.

Social Life:
I lived close to where the bars and clubs were, which is how a lot of people socialize.

Experience of a Lifetime

I had an amazing time in Italy, and CIS was there to enhance the experience and help out however necessary. They showed us some local favorite places to eat and were very helpful in general.

Great teachers and classes.

Can't complain.

CIS tried but the school is very American.

Great job on their part all around.

Never felt unsafe or vulnerable in Rome.

Social Life:
Great students, but I felt like we weren't really immersed with the locals.

Amazing Experience

CISabroad let me have the most amazing experience of my life studying abroad. I got to meet all new people (both Italians and Americans) and was immersed in a totally new culture.

air conditioning was much needed.
We were concerned that we were not sent housing paperwork until very last minute.

Amazing

I had a great time studying abroad in Rome, I definitely recommend the experience and look forward to my next trip.

Summer in Roma!

My experience was one of a lifetime. I will never regret going and it was the best month of my life! I am already planning on how and when I'm going to go back with all of my friends and family! If anyone is on the edge about going, GO! You will be so happy you did- you meet amazing people and have amazing experience, see beautiful places. Rome is a great place to go too because there is ALWAYS something to do or something to see.

Teachers were great and understanding.

Apartment was much nicer than I was expecting. It was close to public transport, 15 minute walk to school, and a short distance from the city center.

I felt safe most of the time, but it IS a city and it can be dangerous. You just need to be safe, aware of your surroundings, and use the buddy system at all times. Take a cab home at night instead of walking if it's all girls, always keep your purse right in front of you, and don't talk to the gypsies. Just be smart!

Social Life:
There was tons to do, but as Americans we tended to hangout at the American bars with other Americans. That was fun, but kind of disappointing, but we also sometimes found "Roman" places to go occasionally.

Summer in rome

Overall great experience, felt like I was really immersed in the culture.

Great teachers

Location was great , but we did not have any fans in our apartment

Good Not Great

I felt very uninformed much of the time. Before I left for Rome I didn't know where I was living or who I was living with. I also felt as though we should have been shown around the city and taken to big attractions as a group. The program mentioned weekend trips and they were not included. The staff was all friendly and helpful when we needed them. I just think they could have gotten more involved.

Both of my professors were amazing. I learned so much from both of the classes.

I loved my roommates. The apartment was big. We didn't have any issues. Transportation was not bad to get around.

CIS did not do much to get us involved in the culture. Other programs took their students on tours and to museums.

They were helpful whenever we contacted them.

ALWAYS watch your bags. My roommate had 100 Euro stolen from her purse on the tram.

Social Life:
There are many places to hang out with Americans. Its hard to find local Italians who want to be friends if you don't know where to go.

Fun program

The professors at AUR were Great. They helped us emerse into the culture and taught the classes. The advisers in the CIS Abroad company were helpful and nice, but they did take a while to get back to you. This program had you living in Rome in an Italian neighborhood. Most of the places around the apartment the owners only spoke Italian. It was a great learning experience to try to communicate and live in the city. I had an amazing time learning a little bit of Italian and learning to live in a city.

The professors were fantastic, but the ling classes made it difficult to explore the city

We did not have everything we needed in the kitchen. We did not have any fans and the toilets broke easily.

We were given little information on what to expect. Itlian was not offered to me to take as a class.

Not helpful most of the time. Took a long time to email me back or answer queations I had.

Hold on to your bag if there is an opportunity to steal something someone will try!

Social Life:
The Italian men are very aggressive at the clubs. It is scary and hard to ignore. The best places to go are the American bars because it is more of what I was used to.

I was satisfied with everything

CIS Abroad is a great program. They really know what they're doing in order to get you overseas. I think the staff is genuine and really cares about you wanting to go abroad.

I felt like CIS got me there, but not much else.

My summer in Rome was definitely an incredible experience, but if I were to plan it again, I would do more shopping around when it came to a program. Pre-trip cis was relatively good about giving information. I did have to call a couple of times to follow up on emailed questions, but I felt informed about my trip. When in Rome, I was disappointed in the experience provided by CISabroad. The website promised several local excursions and weekend excursions to Capri, Naples and Venice, but we saw none of the like.

We were told not to compare our living situations to other students, but it definitely felt like we drew the short end of the stick.

Information frequently came at what felt like the last minute and emails and calls would go days unanswered. Our "on site" coordinator spent almost the entire duration of our stay in another city. Did not feel as though we had accessible help from CIS in Rome, though I thankfully didn't have an emergency to need major assistance.