17 New South St. #205 Northampton, MA 01060 United States
Session 1: late May - early July; Session 2: mid-July - mid-August
Qusqo - that's the Quecha name for Cusco - is the center of modern indigenous culture in Peru, so you'll learn a ton about South America outside of the classroom. Join Summer in Cusco at 11,500 feet in an incredible city with a vibrant culture. Start getting excited about:
* Immerse yourself in Spanish - The way to learn Spanish is to immerse yourself in it, and that's just what you'll do on Summer in Cusco!
* The impressive Sacred Valley - Imagine a region filled with stunning mountain views, Quechua-speaking communities, and llamas. On the weekends, you'll get to explore this diverse region's salt flats, market towns, ancient ruins, and more. It's all a short, inexpensive trip from downtown Cusco.
* Machu Picchu - This famous site that was recently picked as one of the Seven New Wonders of the World. Come discover why!
* A colonial city filled with history - Cusco is full of pre-Hispanic and colonial history, which often overlap in fascinating ways. Churches built on pre-Inca spiritual sites, European-esque paintings of the Last Supper that include Andean regional cuisine, and leafy Spanish-style plazas atop Incan stone represent the dynamism of this city that you can easily make your own.
* Beautiful Sacred Valley with ruins, market towns, mountain hiking, and more
* Spanish-language courses at all levels
* Students from around the world
* Classes in diverse subjects in English
* Superb university
* Strong on-site support from the University staff
* Great, inexpensive Andean cuisine, including local specialty cuy (guinea pig!)
* The Cusco region has more than 2,000 types of potatoes to try!
* Heart of the Incan and other pre-Hispanic empires
* Colorful indigenous and religious festivals
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
please contact CISabroad
* Full-time tuition and fees
* Some meals
* Medical and accident insurance
* CISabroad support services before, during, and after the program
* Academic advising
* Financial aid counseling
* Assistance with travel arrangements
* Predeparture orientation
* Airport pickup
* Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola orientation
* On-site support
* Internet connection
* Laundry facilities
* Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola official transcript
* Carbon offset of travel
American and Canadian Participants.
Grants (Automatically Awarded): * CISabroad Early Bird Grant: You will automatically receive USD 100 off if you apply by Sep 23rd for a spring semester program or December 31st for a fall semester program! * CISabroad CPA (Cooperating Partner Alliance) Grant: Automatically receive USD 250 off a semester program or USD 100 off a summer or short-term program if your school is an affiliate. Please check list at CISabroad website. * CISabroad Bring a Friend Grant: You and your friend receive USD 250 for a semester program or USD 100 for a summer, short-term or internship program. * CISabroad Go Again Grant: Got the travel bug and want to go again on another CISabroad program? Get USD 250 off a semester or USD 100 off a summer program. * CISabroad Diversity Abroad Grant, CIS Gilman Grant, CIS Golden Key Grant: If you receive a Diversity Abroad scholarship, Gilman Grant, or Golden Key Award for your CISabroad program, we'll give you an additional USD 500 grant, just to say congrats! For all of the following scholarships, Please be sure to fill out the CIS scholarship application form by May 1 for a fall program, November 1 for a Spring Program, or May 1 For a summer program. Please visit CISabroad website. * CISabroad Leadership Scholarship: Receive USD 250- USD 500 off a semester program or USD 100-USD 200 off a summer program * CISabroad Photo Journalist Scholarship Receive USD 100 off plus a digital camera for semester or summer program * CISabroad Correspondent Scholarship (semester programs only) Receive USD 500-USD 1,000 off for blogging regularly about your experience overseas * CISabroad Green Scholarship Receive USD 250-USD 500 off a semester or USD 100-USD 200 off a summer program for volunteering in an eco-friendly capacity and presenting on your experience while back home Please check CISabroad website for a more up to date info.
To provide innovative education programs that broaden academic perspectives, promote global awareness, and encourage personal development while laying the foundation for participants to become engaged world citizens.