CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Summer in Ireland

I had such an amazing experience abroad. I made so many great friends who i still keep in contact with now! I enjoyed all aspects, room, friends, classes, and trips! I would recommend this program to anyone interested!

Summer In Ireland

This was a great experience for me and I would love to go back to Ireland! I met life long friends that even when the program ended I still talk to! The staff at the university was very welcoming and helped with anything I needed!

Amazing experience

This was the best experience of my life. Met amazing people, saw everything i wanted to in 2 weeks, and overall amazing trip!

Private room in a 6 person apartment with my own bathroom

Felt safe

Social Life:
So many bars, and clubs! Ireland has great night life!

I would do it again, and again, and again...

It went perfect. From my flight to the dorms to my class to the excursions, I really have no complaints. CIS provided EVERYTHING I needed to be fully prepared (and I'm so organized and over the top with planning, that is was perfect). They also answered any questions within hours of me emailing to ask. They gave you multiple details and helped you with whatever you need. For UL itself- gorgeous. The campus architecturally is beautiful. My dorm as you can see from my excerpt was perfect. The class was fun and I learned a lot. The food was awesome, very filling and so many options throughout the entire campus. Ireland's pretty small so take advantage of all the excursions if you go, because it's worth seeing all it has to offer. I loved the program and would recommend it to anyone afraid of going abroad but deep down it's your dream :) it was the perfect program.

My film class was amazing, I learned much more than I thought I ever would. The professors were also very easy going and understanding of our excursions and our desires to be out experiencing the country rather than sitting in a classroom.

I had a single room with a double bed and my own private bathroom. It was incredible, way better than any American dorm I've ever seen. I had 5 other roommates who all had the same rooms but there was a giant living room and kitchen (which they stocked with breakfast foods every few days) where you could bond with your roommates or other friends. But also very private bedrooms to get away when you wanted to.

The program itself provided a wide variety of planned excursions where we would see a lot in one day. They also had a coach bus service that took us on optional excursions which were relatively cheap where we got to see a lot as well.

They were very hands on and helpful right from the beginning. They provided you with PLENTY of information to go abroad. While I didn't hear or see much of them after or during the trip, they were there for all my questions and to provide me with everything I needed.

Experience of a lifetime

This has by far been the best three weeks of my life. UL has some of the most welcoming people I've ever meet. The accommodations are phenomenal and the people I have meet here are absolutely wonderful.

CISAbroad Review

I had a great time on this trip. I enjoyed how we got to choice what we got to do and experience on the weekends and evenings. I enjoyed meeting new people, only thing I wish was that we could have Irish students in our classes as well.

I Just Want More Time!

What can I say, I had so much fun on my trip and I just wish that it was not ending so soon. Everything was phenomenal and the little side trips we got to take were awesome! I am so happy I chose to do this.

The class was thorough and interesting.

Loved where I stayed though I wish they had of told me the dorm itself was not wireless.

Could not expect much since it's summer and there are not a lot of students on campus. That being said we did have a few fun opportunities.

Everyone on staff was helpful and inviting

I never once felt like I was in danger

Social Life:
There were plenty of social things, but if you don't feel comfortable drinking and then having to take a cab all the way back home on a long journey then there was really only one bar on campus you could go to.

Great experience, I would do it again in a heart beat.

This program was amazing. Met lots of great people and explored most all of Ireland in the 3 weeks I had. I would love to come back again. CIS wasn't really a help, I think I could have found the program on my own and for cheaper then going through them. I was really disappointed with that. Other then that everyone here is lovely and the accommodations were spectacular. They took us to many great places but also let us have just enough time to explore more. Loved it.

Lovely place! Way bigger then US universities.

Wished CIS would have met us here and welcomed us. We didn't even know who was in our group.. I thought it was rude of them that we didn't tell us it would only be UL people.

This was a once in a lifetime experience.

The trip to Limerick, Ireland was one of the best I ever had and I've been to 40 of our 50 states. The oppurtunities to travel all over Ireland and Europe if you so choose are incredible. The history is all around you and you literally only have to walk a few yards on campus to find some abandoned tower that stimulates your imagination. The staff and people of Ireland are incredibly friendly and if I had to go bback to picking a Study Abroad trip I would pick this one again immediately.

Very interesting and would do it again.

I found this program to be the best. I enjoyed the excursions they had planned for us. I wish they had done the cliffs of moher like on the brochure because that is made me want to use this program so I was let down there. I feel it is a great program to use because the people are so friendly and they check up on your paperwork to make sure everything is done on time.

I thought the lessons were very interesting but they could have planned the schedules a little differently time wise

Too many spiders.

There was not enough immersion. It was only American students and I was hoping it would be students from all over the world but it wasn't.

The program administration were great. They knew what they were doing and helped us if we needed something.

I felt very safe on the campus.

Social Life:
I made some good friends and the bars on campus were tasty and entertaining.

Overall great time in Ireland

It was a great time! Meet lots of great people and traveled around Ireland. Learned a lot in the class room and from my travels.

Great Home Base

I was a little disappointed with the lack of interaction with Irish students at UL, but the university was in a great location which allowed us to travel into Limerick and all around Ireland to become immersed in Irish culture elsewhere.

I never felt unsafe.

Social Life:
Wish there was more interaction with Irish people, not Americans.

summer in Ireland

Very beautiful place with genuine polite people. I would defiantly want to go again to meet more people and see more!

Very interesting, truly learned a lot in a little amount of time.

Very nice rooms and was kept very well.

Not much interaction with people from the area or Ireland besides the staff.

Very nice and made me feel very welcome, incredibly polite.

I never felt unsafe.

Social Life:
Had to go out of our way to go out and a little hard meeting people but when did it was a blast!