CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Summer in Business and Economics, Prague

Once in a lifetime experience!

Initially I had chosen this program because of the ease of transferring classes back to my home university but was timid about going to a less popular study abroad destination but having completed the program there is no other place I would have enjoyed more. The entire program was awesome and exceeded my expectations all around! Being a smaller sized program enabled us to do so much more and get to know everyone better. CIS and our site director in particular were extremely helpful and involved with all the students making being in a foreign country much more comforting. Prague is amazing and has such a great history and culture unlike any other country making it hard not to fall in love. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to study abroad!

Summer in Prague

I highly recommend this program as it was both culturally & academically beneficial. I learned a great deal of information about Czech culture as well as international business. I also made amazing friends and am very thankful for my Central European experience this summer!

Best experience

I had the best time studying in Prague.

It was very professional

Everything was good

I enjoyed the experience

Everyone was very helpful

Coolest Thing I've Ever Done

Too many memorable experiences to choose memorable, probably the boat cruise on the river!

I chose this program because of the Upper level electives, Credit hours, and very International.

Shared a room with one other person, in a 6 person flatt in a dormitory with one shared bathroom and kitchen. Not much was supplied, and you had to buy your own toilet paper, trash bags, cleaning supplies and food. The dorms had people from multiple programs and countries. There was a small store to buy food and other supplies located downstairs that was very cheap. Next door there was a pub with good, cheap beer and food!

AMAZING

It is the best experience of my lifetime, nothing can compare to it. I will do it over and over again if I had the chance.

The trip of a lifetime!

Prague is a great city with a lot of things to do during the day and night. Prague also has reasonable prices so you will be able to enjoy your trip without worrying about saving money. This trip has really giving me a new outlook on life and was an experience that I won't forget.

The professors provided great information concerning the subject. Although the final tests were not very challenging.

The beds were a little tough, and with the rooms having no A/C, it made sleeping a bit uncomfortable.

It was a great experience to discover the culture difference between the two countries.

I didn't run into any problems while over there and I did see a good amount of people patrolling the area.

Social Life:
There are plenty activities to do at night. Most of their clubs and bars are free and they stay out all night. The reason for the B rating is because they play a lot of techno music and dud step.

great

it was a wonderful experience the program was great the professors were from all over the world so you got way more than just Czech professors and cis in particular was great they made sure to keep in touch with you with lunches, dinners, and activities along with some weekend trips

bugs everywhere. out dated evrything

a couple of the people i was with got pick pocketed but other than that it wasn't scary or dangerous at all you just must be mindful of your possessions in touristy areas

Social Life:
there is so much do in Prague bars clubs museums they have everything

A really great experience

If you want to fall in love with prague, chill with some cool kids from different countries, take easy classes with great professors, cis is right for you

Easy classes, almost too easy but i still learned something valuable

Pick pocketed on a tram and in a club, just be careful and dont get too drunk

Studying Abroad in Prague

This was a once in a lifetime experience that I will treasure forever. The places I visited, the friends I met, and the knowledge I gained has brought me a new outlook on life. I strongly recommend studying abroad!

Review

I had a blast in Prague!!!

Work hard and play hard

Prague is fun, courses are relatively easy , and the city has a very accessible transit system. , there are many places to have fun, the nightlife is amazing.

Prage is a great place to see

The university is in the city, and the professors were knowledgeable. Prague is a beautiful city and has great history behind it. I would love to come back again.

I chose to get an apartment on my own, so it was great.

Prague Study Abroad

Great experience as far as meeting new students from across the world. Academic experience was average, not much different than any other general business courses taught in the states.

My prague experience

Being my first time in central/eastern europe, and in an ex-communist country i really didn't know what to expect. I am glad that i chose prague as a city to study in because it was the perfect size for the amount of time that i was there. I believe that as far as the schooling went, everything was fine the actually CESP staff was organized. In regards to the cultural aspect of the program, I really got a good taste of how communism really affected the country and how the country itself is slowly growing away from its old lifestyle. I do however, wish i had a bit more interaction with the locals because it would have been nice to know what the cool things are to do in prague. Most of the students and I were completely clueless on where to go and what to not go, which made our trip a bit difficult. Overall, I am content with my time abroad and i recommend it for everyone.

very fast pace

the flats were not clean and we were not given the proper cleaning material to clean the flat

Besides my buddy, who didn't even contact me at all throughout the whole stay in prague, I did not get the chance to meet any locals so I didn't get a real feel of the culture as much as i would have liked.

Some of the teachers were organized but others were unorganized and did not know how to accommodate the different learning styles of people from different countries.