CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Summer in Aix en Provence

Summer In Aix

I really enjoyed this program as a whole. The people that I met while I was abroad were so easy to get along with and fun to be around. Class was fun, but long. I learned so much just from being surrounded by french speaking people, that it made the trip more than worth it.

Mostly Good.

There were a few snafus but overall good review. For instance, two nights before my flight home (which left from the airport in Marseille, 30 minutes away from Aix where I was living) I got an email from IAU saying that all cabs in France where going on strike and I would not be able to get a ride to the airport and since I had an early flight, 5am, I would have to take a bus to Marseille one night early and pay for a hotel BY MYSELF, when IAU said they would pay for my transportation to and from the airport when arriving and departing Aix-en-Provence. Also, they were asking me to pay for a hotel and gave me less than 24 hours heads up and they wanted me to go down there by myself and having visited Marseille once during my trip, I knew that it was not very safe a city. But I figured it out and made it home safely. I only felt that it was inconsiderate that they would ask me to pay for a hotel and bus to Marseille when they originally told me they would cover that. The whole incident also made me feel like the school did not care about my safety.