Summer Art and Photography in Paris

Summer in Paris

My study abroad trip in Paris was incredible. I took two classes, painting and photography, that were taught very knowledgeable, engaging and compassionate professors. It was a wonderful environment conducive to learning, experiencing and appreciating the culture. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

View detailed rating

It was an amazing experience.

I would recommend this program to anyone interested in art, even if you aren't an art major. Any study abroad program in fact, it was a great experience that taught me a lot about my self and how i interact with different cultures. I had a blast, and the city is beautiful! so much history, and you see it just walking down the street.

would have been nice to be in closer proximity to the rest of the students in the program.

CISabroad Summer in Paris 2014

The program, overall, was pretty decent despite a few lapses in organization. I was met at the airport by a staff member upon arrival and taken to my living quarters; I was given a transportation pass which allowed me to travel freely by metro; the other participating students in the program were all very nice; the admin staff at IESA were helpful and were there to address my concerns. The living quarters could have been better; also, the continental breakfast that was promised was not provided. Overall, the experience was not bad.

The living quarters was decent and in a good neighborhood. The rooms were well-equipped with proper necessities--bed, desk, shelf, private bathroom, kitchenette and kitchen utensils; however, the rooms could have been cleaner.

Staff members were helpful and easy to reach in the event of a question/ issue.

There was no security on duty 24/7.

Best Experience Ever

The Summer in Paris program through CIS was one of the best experiences of my life. The teachers are great and they want you to have a good time. The classes were so much fun. IESA is a great place to study and CIS made it easy to know everything that was going on and get us to Paris, where IESA took over. Housing could have been a little better as the roommates weren't matched well and all of us lived all around Paris, but the apartments were nice and clean. Anyone question if they should do this program, I have three words for you... JUST DO IT!!! It was one of the best experiences of my life and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Review

I was told we would have single living quarters and that one meal would be provided a day. Also no one told me you could take just one class and instead I had to pay more for a class I didn't want. And the class days were too long, left with little free time.

Paris 2013

It was a great experience overall!

Great Time On My Own

Paris is a great city and the the classes were wonderful, but some of the group activities were boring and I felt like a child. For some people who have never traveled, this is good, but I had already been to the country so it wasn't helpful to me.

First Steps

This is a great program to get your feet wet. You get wonderful exposure to Parisian living without feeling overwhelmed. Minimial French is needed. How often can you say you took an art history class that met in the Louvre? or Musee D'Orsay?

Unable to gauge academic standing. Waiting for transcript to see how I did.

Great apartment

Too many people in Paris jump in to speak English when you're trying to speak French.

Nina was great. Everyone was great, trying to make sure we had a wonderful experience.

Felt very safe walking around Paris...even at 1:00 am.

Social Life:
Plenty of things to do, but you had to be willing to search them out.