CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Study Internship in Scotland

Summer in Scotland

My summer spent in Stirling Scotland was an incredible experience and wouldn't have been possible without CISabroad! I am already planning the next time I will be able to get to Scotland. I would recommend CISabroad to anyone who wants to have a great experience abroad.

I felt at home

My summer in Scotland was the most amazing experience of my life. I didn't know what to expect going into it, but I found that I felt more at home in Scotland than I ever have anywhere else in my life

Summer Internship in Scotland.

This study abroad program was everything I could have asked for, and then some!

It has been mentioned that, academic-wise, I represent the the top 35% of my class. I also have a GPA of 3.34. This only refers to my home university; at the University of Stirling, I have not received my official final grades yet.

For eight weeks I lived in a dormitory with other ISS students. Each of us had our own room, with the individual flats having their own separate kitchens and living rooms.

I do believe that I learned more about the culture that best represents Scotland, by interacting with the Scottish citizens and also by spending a day with a UK Host family.

The staff members of ISS were extremely helpful from the very beginning, from organizing group events to assisting the students with advice and information.

I felt satisfied knowing that I could traverse all of campus or one of the cities within Scotland and not have to worry about crime too much. Although it was usually recommended that no one travels alone, traveling alone usually never resulted in any scary situations presenting themselves.

Social Life:
Even though I did not always hang out or go out with the other ISS students, I would try to spend as much time as possible during a given day engaging in social activity. I usually had school work to do, or I had to work at the organization I was interning for.

I will go back.

My time in Scotland was easily the beat right weeks of my life. I met friends that I will keep in contact with forever and locals that I will sure to see when I make my way back to the beautiful country. Nothing compared to lessons you'll learn while out in the world by yourself. I learned more about myself than I thought possible. The Scottish people are absolutely lovely. They're kind, friendly, and open; a combination of traits that can be hard to come by. At first the cloudy weather and frequent showers bothered me, but by the time I arrived home I missed the beautiful clouds, cool climate, and green scenery. To put it simply, Scotland stole my heart.

Explore Europe - Beginning in Stirling, Scotland

Stirling, Scotland is a great place to study, intern, and call home. It was easy to visit the rest of the UK via train, bus, and plane, and I was able to fly over to 6 other countries as well! I always enjoyed coming back to Stirling, however, because it was a great place to relax, hang out with friends (whether in the neighboring mountains, golf courses, shopping centres or pubs -- take your pick) and (of course!) speak English. Before going to Scotland, by the way, everyone told me that I wouldn't be able to understand their Scottish accents. That's not true at all -- I could understand everyone, especially the younger ones, and I actually prefer a Scottish accent over a British one right now!

Study Internship

The internship module was the best decision I made. It changed my experience for the study abroad trip and was well worth it--only if you take it seriously and fully immerse yourself in the job.