17 New South St. #205 Northampton, MA 01060 United States
Fall: mid-September - mid-December; Spring: early January - early April
On Semester in Thailand, you'll live in Bangkok, the heart of Indochina and the capital of Thailand, and study at Thailand's top-ranked university. You will have limitless opportunities to immerse yourself in the local culture, make international friends, and explore beaches, jungles, and iconic sites throughout the country. You should start getting excited about:
* World-famous beaches - Thailand is renowned for white-sand beaches so fine, the sand squeaks under your feet. Once you've visited Thailand's coast, you'll understand why the Leonardo DiCaprio film The Beach was shot there.
* The legendary friendliness of the Thai people - Thailand is known as the "Land of Smiles" for a reason: the Thai people are warm, welcoming, and incredibly open-minded. In Thailand, a smile is the most appropriate reaction to almost every situation.
* A wide range of courses taught in English - If you're looking for a study abroad program with strong academics, you've come to the right place. CIS Semester in Thailand offers classes in everything from animation production to international business to travel industry management to the humanities. You will find coursework applicable to your major and satisfying to your intellect.
* Life in a contemporary, cosmopolitan city - Geographically, Bangkok is one of the largest cities in the world. The city is famous for its delicious cuisine, inexpensive shopping, and colorful nightlife. A semester in Bangkok will leave you yearning for more time in Thailand.
* A jumping-off point for destinations in Southeast Asia and beyond - Bangkok is situated in the heart of Indochina and shares borders with many wonderful, culturally rich countries. The international airport is a hub for all flights within Southeast Asia, and inexpensive tickets are readily available. When you find yourself with free time, be sure to explore other parts of Asia.
* A robust social scene with cultural activities galore - The many student interest groups on campus offer numerous social and cultural activities. Dances, concerts, plays, and movies take place frequently throughout the semester. Art, cultural, political, religious, and athletics clubs are a great way to make friends from all over the world.
* An amazing tropical climate - Bangkok has a tropical climate with average temperatures in the mid-80s year-round. Need we say more?
* Study at one of the most well regarded universities in Asia
* Take classes with Thai and international students
* Life in the Land of Smiles
* A nationwide weeklong water fight!
* An abundance of white-sand beaches and clear, warm tropical water
* Opportunities to ride elephants, explore ancient ruins, and venture into the jungles
* Life in a cosmopolitan city with incredible cuisine, shopping, and nightlife
* A jumping-off point for travel destinations in Southeast Asia
* Incredible housing options
* One of the hottest tourist destinations in the world, with enough antiquities, palaces, and monuments to keep you busy for a lifetime
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Contact CISabroad for details
* Full-time tuition and fees
* Medical and accident insurance
* CISabroad support services before, during, and after the program
* Academic advising
* Financial aid counseling
* Assistance with travel arrangements
* Predeparture orientation
* Airport pickup
* Mahidol University orientation
* On-site support
* On-campus wi-fi
* University official transcript
* Carbon offset of travel
American and Canadian Participants.
Grants (Automatically Awarded): * CISabroad Early Bird Grant: You will automatically receive USD 100 off if you apply by Sep 23rd for a spring semester program or December 31st for a fall semester program! * CISabroad CPA (Cooperating Partner Alliance) Grant: Automatically receive USD 250 off a semester program or USD 100 off a summer or short-term program if your school is an affiliate. Please check list at CISabroad website. * CISabroad Bring a Friend Grant: You and your friend receive USD 250 for a semester program or USD 100 for a summer, short-term or internship program. * CISabroad Go Again Grant: Got the travel bug and want to go again on another CISabroad program? Get USD 250 off a semester or USD 100 off a summer program. * CISabroad Diversity Abroad Grant, CIS Gilman Grant, CIS Golden Key Grant: If you receive a Diversity Abroad scholarship, Gilman Grant, or Golden Key Award for your CISabroad program, we'll give you an additional USD 500 grant, just to say congrats! For all of the following scholarships, Please be sure to fill out the CIS scholarship application form by May 1 for a fall program, November 1 for a Spring Program, or May 1 For a summer program. Please visit CISabroad website. * CISabroad Leadership Scholarship: Receive USD 250- USD 500 off a semester program or USD 100-USD 200 off a summer program * CISabroad Photo Journalist Scholarship Receive USD 100 off plus a digital camera for semester or summer program * CISabroad Correspondent Scholarship (semester programs only) Receive USD 500-USD 1,000 off for blogging regularly about your experience overseas * CISabroad Green Scholarship Receive USD 250-USD 500 off a semester or USD 100-USD 200 off a summer program for volunteering in an eco-friendly capacity and presenting on your experience while back home Please check CISabroad website for a more up to date info.
To provide innovative education programs that broaden academic perspectives, promote global awareness, and encourage personal development while laying the foundation for participants to become engaged world citizens.