Semester in South Africa offers you an amazing college experience in an exotic destination, studying at Stellenbosch University. Ideally situated in the heart of the Cape Winelands, the University is also at the core of Stellenbosch, the country's oldest college town. Besides having access to Stellenbosch's more than 100 restaurants and pubs, you will be just 20 minutes from the metropolis of Cape Town. You will enjoy a Mediterranean climate of hot, dry summers and mild winters in a melting pot of cultures and languages. Many regard South Africa as the adventure capital of the world. Are you interested in the highest bungee jump on the planet, diving with great white sharks, or going on a safari to see the Big 5 (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, buffalo)? South Africa offers a full spectrum of adventures. You can debate South African politics with the Political Club, learn to sail with the yacht club, or take up Rugby--South Africa's favorite pastime. If you're a go-getter and you don't find a campus club that suits you, you can start your own.
1. A coastline of beautiful beaches only 20 minutes from your front door
2. Excursions around Cape Town and the Stellenbosch Winelands
3. Fully furnished apartments shared with South Africans and other international students
4. Innovative curriculum, including: courses in liberal arts, science, business, social science, languages, and more
5. Extensive sports facilities on campus