CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Best. Semester. Ever.

I studied in Rome, Italy for the Fall 2014 semester and loved every single minute of it. I applied back in February and did so in order to find out my admission decision and get the ball rolling quickly. I heard nothing back for a month before I contacted them myself to figure out what was going on. I was told that the transcript I sent them was no good since it was faxed. I was getting really concerned with my decision to study through CISabroad since I heard nothing about the transcript problem in the month between the time I sent it and when I asked what was going on. All communication on the US side was through my doing and politeness was a bit of a problem but I clung to the fact that my school had a partnership with them and therefore, they HAD to have redeeming factors. There were a few more hiccups in the preparation process (added housing deposits that weren't mentioned before, missed discounts in my billing, paperwork that was said to be missing but was never requested, etc) but I am IMMENSELY thankful that I studied through CISabroad! A few headaches while preparing were proved to be worth it when I spent 3 and a half magical months in the Eternal City! The site director, Romina, was a dream! I had a bit of culture shock, roommate issues (due to lack of personality screening done by Student Life at the university) and overall homesickness that Romina helped me with step-by-step. I had a health issue halfway through the semester that the included health insurance covered; Jade (an associate with Rome SAE - the CIS partner in Rome) went to the hospital with me and helped me through that situation. The American University of Rome is an AMAZING little university in a great part of Rome - the top patio of the school provides a beautiful view of the city. I was challenged academically and personally more than I ever had been before and I grew exponentially during my semester abroad. Romina and others on-site were more help than I can explain and provided a great support system while I was there - they were concerned for my safety while I was both in Rome and while I was traveling during the weekend (I had the opportunity to travel all throughout Italy and visit 9 other countries!). They wanted my travel itineraries and checked up to see if I made it back to Italy safely - Jade was like a really close friend. I became really close friends with full-time students at AUR and after talking about the price with them, I came to the realization that I really DID make the right choice by going abroad with CIS. What I paid covered health insurance, housing, advising and support both in America and abroad, and study at a truly great school (AUR will not give you a "blow off" semester - it's academically rigorous but you will still have the time of your life). Overall, I would 100% study or intern abroad with CISabroad again!

CISAbroad - Semester in Rome

I had the time of my life in Rome with CISAbroad! The site director, Romina, was so nice, knowledgeable and extremely helpful through every step of my experience. The American University of Rome is academically intensive but I learned more about myself and my studies there than I ever did at my home university. The professors are well-experienced and have impressive resumes in all of their academic facets (my Principles of Marketing professor was the marketing director of Sports Illustrated and my International Trade professor was the Economic Advisor for the U.S Embassy in Rome) and explain the material thoroughly. Rome is a central travel city so travel to most of Europe (Paris, Barcelona, Prague, London, etc) is affordable and very easy! In my time abroad, I was able to travel to 10 countries at low prices while staying on top of my studies and learn about Rome as well. This program was INCREDIBLE. The only downside to my time abroad was my awful roommates: there were 6 people in my apartment and 3 were already best friends from their home university who had no interest in being friendly with their other roommates. That was the ONLY downside. My semester in Rome was amazing with CISAbroad!

Most amazing experience of my life!

I would most definitely recommend to study abroad in Rome. It was truly the most amazing experience of my life! I met great people, and was able to learn so much about the culture. The staff of CIS abroad were extremely helpful, and also took us to so many amazing spots in Rome. Studying abroad in Rome was the best decision I've ever made!

Experience

I loved the experience at the Pantheon institute

Awesome studying abroad

I satisfied with everything in Rome. I liked it a lot. Especially CIS program was a way better than the Penn state or Woodbury which shared a program in the Pantheon Institute

Romina was really kiind and good

Good

Rome Study Abroad

A great experience with a great program. CisAbroad made a difficult process easy and provided helpful advice in adjusting to a new culture. Rome was definitely a great place to study abroad with a mix of old and new world feel. A city with always something new to discover and an adventure around every corner

A wide variety of classes available.

The apartment set up was great. Shared a room with one other roommate with a main dining/ common area. The bathrooms had limited hot water and the kitchen was relatively small. The location was great and close to tram transportation.

Location provided a living situation outside of major tourist areas

Helpful and knowledgable of study abroad locations. Administration is helpful and always willing to offer assistance.

Felt very safe in apartment and while traveling around the city

Social Life:
Surrounding area had lots of bars and eateries to interact with locals . Housing situation also made it possible to interact with other students like myself

Fun

AUR was a great little school In Rome that had many activities in clubs but was very small. Attendance is strict but I was still able to travel almost every weekend and the nightlife throughout Rome, trastevere, and testaccio was perfect.

Amazing Rome

Living in Rome has been one of the best experiences of my life! I would recommend studying here for anyone!

Romeing

As an architect student I learned a lot packed into this semester. With walks to famous churches and baths, cooking and speaking Italian, and learning about the design system on an urban scale.

One of the best semesters I'v had so far

Had the basics I had at the dorm

Teachers introduced me to the Italian life style.

Some of the best classes I'v taken in my course of studies.

Never felt unsafe

Social Life:
Student life was unforgetable

I loved it

I had the best four months of my life traveling and living throughout europe.

Not worth the money

For the amount of money we paid for the program I would have to say it was not worth it. Other students who were studying in Rome had better apartments with better locations and were paying comparable prices for their programs. I feel that the program did the bare minimum for housing the students and overpaid the mediocre professors.

The "apartment" if you could call it that was so run down. There was black mold in all of the bathrooms. The apartments were like an orphanage set up. Having to share a room that small with three other girls was dreadful. There was no personal space, there was just one desk per bedroom which made doing homework a struggle.

There were some attempts like mixers with italian students but other than that I had no real reason to learn italian.

Romolo the head of the department could care less about his students. He was never present and when he was his attitude was very poor. You can tell he is getting to the age where his tolerance for students is very low.