CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Peru Wow

Living with a Peruvian family and traveling around Peru with friends from around the world helped my Spanish, showed me culture and was a great all around experience.

The school needs to help the students out much more with scheduling such as emailing within a 2 day time frame rather than 5 days after an email has been sent. Also the students need to be allowed to take the Spanish class that is next for their minor or major and not have it based on a test, the semesters are spaced 2 months apart for americans and without classes it takes a little time to recall the information without practice.And I along with many other students were bored to death in a lower level Spanish class where not much new information was learned.

The Acosta family was just like living in my house with my family, they couldn't have made me feel more at home and part of another family.

With my family and friends I was able to really get to feel the Peruvian life style for a while and make it a little part of me.

Bryan Waldran and Patricia our site director were both very helpful with any questions starting with the paper work to leaving the country. Patricia did an amazing job with the trips that we took within Lima where we learned some of history and culture but as well were able to have a lot of fun.

If you have common sense and don't dress too nice your ok most of the time, but there are always narcos trying to sell drugs to white people and always foreigners are number one targets for bus pickpocketing

Social Life:
As long as you try there are plenty of people to talk to although I wish more wanted to speak Spanish instead of English with us English speakers here

Cumvies, canoes, and car rides.

Peru has some of the nicest people you will ever meet, if you want to expand your language skills, and your world view, there is plenty opportunity in peru. The cusqueña is good to. I have made many international friends and learned about other cultures not just peru. I wish I would have done this earlier so I could have done it twice. In due time I will return.

school kicked my but the last month or so.

A++++++++++ wasnt offered so I hope just a regular A+
suffices

being from LA area Lima is much like LA, but I still learned spanish and learned about food. Not much different though.

Brian has been super helpful

Lima is not safe, many people get robbed, and robbers carry guns and knives, don't carry valuables and to walk around lima with more than 100 soles on you. Im never been robbed but I've heard a lot of stories and seen it happen.

Social Life:
too much life here, you might need to have some you time, once in a while but there is ample opportunity to go to paries and travel, and hand out with friends.

PERU COUNTRY THAT IS AMAZING

It was amazing from start to finish the school not so great but the people you meet and where you go and what you do is amazing. simply put this country and its people will surprise you and you will be left will the experience of a life time.

Some of the rules were a bit unreasonable considering we are all college students.

Just be smart about where you go and what you do always use the buddy system.

Social Life:
AMZING SOCIAL AND NIGHT LIFE SO MUCH TO DO AND SEE ITS ALWAYS A GREAT TIME!

interesting experience

This experience opened my eyes to a unique city both in its attractions and flaws.

CIS Abroad Lima

At first the program sounded good because it was cheap and the staff was very helpful. But once I arrived their was no real support and the on site coordinator was in another cityand hard to reach and there were no program excursions included like others except Macchu Piccu but you had to pay extra.

I lived with my boyfriend and his family

No activities or anything from my program sponsors

Very helpful through the process but once I arrived to my country not so much

Must be careful at all times because their are many robberies and things like that.

Social Life:
Many things to do like Miraflores with clubs and bars and also many clubs, bars and good restaurants to go to in other parts of the city.

Adequate

I thought that the program itself needed alot of work, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

no programs to help this