17 New South St. #205 Northampton, MA 01060 United States
Czech Republic: Prague
Fall: mid-September - mid-December; Spring: early February - mid May
Semester in Business and Economics, Prague is a perfect blend of academics, social activities, and rich cultural opportunities. Spend your semester studying Central and East European economies, societies, and culture while living in one of Europe's most beautiful, historic cities. Start getting excited about:
* A compelling European capital - Prague has always been a major tourist destination, and it's no wonder. The city boasts thrilling history, magnificent architecture, a thriving nightlife, and a dynamic arts scene.
* Business and economics focused academics - While focusing on Central and East European economies, you'll gain a true international perspective by studying in Prague.
* Vibrant campus life - The Central and East European Studies Program (CESP), in conjunction with the "Buddy System," plans all kinds of activities that get you truly involved on campus and in your new city. Activities include a language exchange, parties, domestic and international trips, and sports.
* International student body - While most of your classmates will be international students, Czechs with a high level of English language proficiency are invited to attend the courses taught in English. You will live and study with students from all over.
* A beautiful, historic city made for exploring - Anyone who has spent time in Prague knows that you really get to know it by walking, taking the well-connected public transportation, and exploring the nooks and crannies.
* A program designed to give you a solid understanding of economics in Central Europe
* Live in one of Europe's most beautiful capital cities
* Vibrant campus community with weekly activities for local and international students
* Robust, weeklong orientation program
* Easy access to other European countries, especially Hungary, Germany, Austria, and Poland
* Live with other international students in University-run residence halls
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
please contact CISabroad
* Full-time tuition and fees
* Medical and accident insurance
* CISabroad support services before, during, and after the program
* Academic advising
* Financial aid counseling
* Field trips included in many courses
* Assistance with travel arrangements
* Predeparture orientation
* Airport pickup
* University of Economics orientation
* On-site support
* University official transcript
* Carbon offset of travel
American and Canadian Participants.
Grants (Automatically Awarded): * CISabroad Early Bird Grant: You will automatically receive USD 100 off if you apply by Sep 23rd for a spring semester program or December 31st for a fall semester program! * CISabroad CPA (Cooperating Partner Alliance) Grant: Automatically receive USD 250 off a semester program or USD 100 off a summer or short-term program if your school is an affiliate. Please check list at CISabroad website. * CISabroad Bring a Friend Grant: You and your friend receive USD 250 for a semester program or USD 100 for a summer, short-term or internship program. * CISabroad Go Again Grant: Got the travel bug and want to go again on another CISabroad program? Get USD 250 off a semester or USD 100 off a summer program. * CISabroad Diversity Abroad Grant, CIS Gilman Grant, CIS Golden Key Grant: If you receive a Diversity Abroad scholarship, Gilman Grant, or Golden Key Award for your CISabroad program, we'll give you an additional USD 500 grant, just to say congrats! For all of the following scholarships, Please be sure to fill out the CIS scholarship application form by May 1 for a fall program, November 1 for a Spring Program, or May 1 For a summer program. Please visit CISabroad website. * CISabroad Leadership Scholarship: Receive USD 250- USD 500 off a semester program or USD 100-USD 200 off a summer program * CISabroad Photo Journalist Scholarship Receive USD 100 off plus a digital camera for semester or summer program * CISabroad Correspondent Scholarship (semester programs only) Receive USD 500-USD 1,000 off for blogging regularly about your experience overseas * CISabroad Green Scholarship Receive USD 250-USD 500 off a semester or USD 100-USD 200 off a summer program for volunteering in an eco-friendly capacity and presenting on your experience while back home Please check CISabroad website for a more up to date info.
To provide innovative education programs that broaden academic perspectives, promote global awareness, and encourage personal development while laying the foundation for participants to become engaged world citizens.