CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Semester at University of Westminster

Great Program

Their staff is very friendly and are there to help you with anything along the way. I was abroad in London and they did weekend trips and dinners. They made sure I was safe and knew where I was traveling.

Living Large In London

This program is an excellent way to ease into travelling abroad. There is no English language barrier to overcome, and many of the customs are similar to those in America. Also, London is such an international city with diverse multi-cultural opportunities within its borders. Also, the European transportation system allows for easy travel between London and all of Europe, so it is a perfect launchpad for more adventurous souls. Regardless of what you are hoping to gain through your study abroad experience, you will find it here and much, much more than you can imagine!

The CISAbroad staff are always available to answer questions and provide advice, or just a friendly face with an American accent. They are very knowledgeable about the area, the program, and how it feels to be far from home and family.

London life

Studying abroad through CIS in London for a semester was the best decision I have ever made. I always knew I had wanted to do a full semester, and now that I am back I wish I could finish school out over there. London is huge and the CIS team did a great job of helping us get acclimated the first couple of weeks when we got there. They picked us up from the airport, took us to our apartment/dorms and then took us shopping to get linens, towels and other necessities that we would have otherwise not known where to go to get such things. Every week they had office hours at a local Starbucks that we could go to ask anything we needed to about school, London or traveling. Each Saturday they would have what they called 'Cultural Saturday' where we could all meet up and go to a palace, museum or any other neat thing that was going on that weekend. With all the markets, food, history and culture, London was the perfect city and I was very happy that I had such a great team of advisors over there that helped me see that.

Good

CISabroad was the absolute best. I could tell I had made the right choice in traveling with CIS when my plane was delayed 9 hours and I still had a CISabroad staff member waiting for me when I landed. She gave me a huge hug and said, "Welcome to London!" After all of the frustration from my delayed flight it was really nice to know that I had someone looking out for me in London.

I loved living with people who were from all over. I not only became really good friends with people from the USA but I also made a lot of friends who were from other countries.

I felt like I was completely immerged into British society.

I had originally applied for the internship program at CIS and at first when I didn't get accepted into it I thought it was just because I wasn't academically qualified but after talking to other CIS students it became apparent that there was no one who got matched up for an internship.

A Life Changing Experience

It was unbelievable. It was the most adventurous and life changing five months of my life. The culture I experienced, the people I became friends with, and the trips I went on were ones that I will always remember.

Amazing Experience

Study Abroad!! It is the best experience ever! Sounds cliche but it's true.

I LOVE LONDON.

Best thing I've ever done. Met the best people, lived in the best area, had the best time. Enough said.

London

Living in London is fast paced and the most fun place I have visited.

great classes

fun community environment

very accepting

Great

never felt unsafe

always something going on

You Only Live Once

This has by far been the best few months of my life. It has been wild, but i have learned a ton. London is the best study abroad program that I have heard about. You spend the most time here than any other program. You may think that its too long, but its never long enough. It goes by way too fast. The people are amazing and you learn about others as well as yourself. I wish that everyone could of had this amazing experience. I strongly encourage anyone to do this if they have the change. Best time of my life. You only live once, so why not come to London?

It was not the hardest, but not the easiest. Perfect overall.

Alexander Fleming halls were the best thing to ever happen to me. I loved living there, the area, and the people who lived there.

I wish more british people lived in halls, but the people who did were amazing. The area we lived in was also perfect for immersion.

good

Social Life:
Alexander Felming had the best social life possible

fantastic

The entire experience was amazing. I wasn't thrilled with our housing, but that was mainly because the rooms echoed and I had loud roommates- that combination left little room for sleep. But everything else was awesome!

Best experience of my life

Overall I had a fantastic time in London! I met life-long friends and had experiences that I would never have dreamed of. Every weekend was a new adventure; whether it was traveling through Europe, or exploring the city. Everywhere I went, there was so much culture and history to see. I definitely recommend traveling as much as you can! When else are you going to be able to have the opportunity to ski the Swiss Alps! CISabroad did a wonderful job! If I ever had any questions they were more then willing to help! Two excursions were included in our trip- and were fantastic.

I wish there was a program set up where students could donate their belongings to future students. I did not like how I needed to buy everything for the kitchens. I expected at least plates and silverware. It is silly that if I try to leave my plates and silverware for the next students. They will just throw them away.

I always felt safe to go out at night. Just like any city, you just have to be smart.

Advice

Great program but definitely not what was advertised. The living situation is awful. How do you expect kids to meet and hang out with out common living areas, such as a living room. No one wants to hang out in the kitchen. Either put couches in the kitchen or televisions to make it a little more comfortable/homely.

Social Life:
Like I said the living situation is awful. I have a social life and I have had an amazing time but the set up could be a lot better. I can go all year without saying one word to my suitemate. I should be able to open my door and be in a living room/common area with friend, not have to prop my door open just to see a hospital-like hallway.

Best Experience of My Life

Studying in London was the best experience I have ever had. There is so much to do in this city that you never get bored. It's also super easy to travel to other parts of Europe!

I didn't like the UK education system

I loved having my own room and bathroom although the kitchen space was limited

It was easy to communicate with the program directors while in London

6 Weeks of Fun

Choosing to study through CIS for the Summer at University of Westminster is the best decision I have ever made.

It was great.

CIS did grandly. Great experience.

cool

Had an awesome time and met great people.

great location

London 2013

I absolutely loved my experience in the city of London. I plan to move back after college. I will never forget these past 5 months.

While I grew to love the people in my flat I did not enjoy being 30 minutes outside of the city of London, had I known that I would have found my own housing

The only person who was of any help was Ibsa. Heidi did absolutely nothing for us this entire trip.

Awesome

If your thinking of studying abroad in London, stop thinking about it and make it happen. Its a once in a lifetime experience living in London.

Very well taught courses.

Well maintained and has all you need for your stay. Room was a bit cramped.

Being located in downtown London, you are thrust into the culture, and it is awesome.

Administration is very receptive to questions and are a great help.

Its a huge city so there is going to be crime, but I never once felt I wasn't safe.

Social Life:
Cool place to be, I met a lot of cool people at the school, at clubs and pubs, most people are very friendly.

Life Changing Experience

The University of Westminster offered many courses that helped you immerse yourself with new cultures. The courses not only helped me grow academically but also it helped me gain better understanding of the world around me. Throughout my experience I have developed friendships that will last a lifetime and can take away an experience that has changed my life.

I was happy

I had the greatest experience of my life and was very happy with my decision to chooe the program and university that I did.

I leanred a lot!!

I was under the impression I would have roommates amd that the rooms would be a lot nicer

Summer Study Abroad- London

My experience in London was truly amazing. CISAbroad provided assistance when needed and nurtured individual experiences. I was able to explore London on my terms, something I enjoyed greatly.

Time of My Life

Studying abroad in London was by far the greatest experience of my life. It is an amazing city with so much to do. Not only do you get to take classes and learn things from a new perspective, but you get to see the culture of the U.K. and explore the city of London. I have met so many people from all over the world in my classes and around the city. Traveling around Europe throughout the semester was also a highlight. I got to travel to so many countries and I never thought I would ever get to do that. This experience is one that I will never forget and I am so happy I decided to study in London. I advise anyone to do so in the future. You will not regret it!

Classes weren't too difficult and I learned a lot of things that I would never learn in the U.S. so I think it was a good experience to learn things from a different perspective.

I loved the location of my housing and living with people from different countries. It made the experience a lot better.

I loved being able to meet people not only just from the U.K., but all of the other students studying abroad from the U.S. and various other countries around the world.

London is overall a very safe city and rarely did I ever feel unsafe.

Social Life:
Social life in London is amazing and there is always something to do and people around to do it with.

Great

not sure what this is for

CIS University of Westminster

I had a great semester studying abroad in London through CIS abroad. However, I felt the school, University of Westminster was very unhelpful when I had issues living on their campus. I was placed on a campus where I had to commute 30-40 minutes to class everyday. Also, the University itself was often very rude and would try to nickle and dime me for almost all of my actions. London is a great city, and I did enjoy my time there. CISabroad was a great program and was very helpful but unfortunately I cant say the same about my experience with Westminster.

A mostly awesome semester in London, hindered by my less than ideal living location.

I really lived my semester abroad. It was an amazing experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I made great friends and really felt as if I was a part of the London dynamic. CIS helps you as much as they can with any questions or comments. I only wish that they had made it clear that I if you take certain classes, you will not be placed in a London campus, rather a suburb of London. This was very disappointing to arrive in London and not get to actually love there. Other than that, great program.

Classes were not challenging

I was told I'd be places in London when in reality I was placed 10 minutes outside London. Disappointing because it was not what I paid for.

Usually answered my questions and helped out well, but some emails were never responded to.

Rarely felt unsafe.

Social Life:
London has great social scene.