CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Semester at La Trobe University

CIS Abroad Melbourne Australia

I had a fantastic, life-changing study abroad experience. It was everything I could have ever hoped for. I was so glad to have used CIS abroad as my abroad agency - they were extremely helpful in the process! When studying abroad in a different country there are a lot of details that can be overlooked or difficult to understand. CIS helped me every step of the way; instead of an extremely stressful preparation process, it was fairly smooth! Thank you CIS!

Amazing experience

It was an amazing experience, I would highly recommend studying abroad in Australia. I got to meet a ton of people from all over the world and experience different cultures. I saw so many different things that I thought I would never see. It was an incredible adventure.

• CISabroad responded to this review January 29, 2016 at 10:01 AM

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your program and we look forward to staying in touch!
    -The CISabroad Team

La Trobe University

I had the most amazing time abroad in Australia. There was always something new and exciting to see or do. If my family wanted to move out there, I could honestly see myself living there for the rest of my life!

Amazing!

Best time of my life, I would do it again in a heatbeat!

Social Life:
Best friends ive ever made!

Semester in Melbourne!

I had a great time studying abroad at La Trobe University. My accommodation was great and full of activities and new friends. La Trobe university and Chisholm college made my experience great. There were always events for students to have fun and interact with one another.

• CISabroad responded to this review January 29, 2016 at 10:03 AM

We are so pleased that you were actively engaged on site. Your learning and experience will last a lifetime! -The CISabroad Team

Semester abroad

The actual experience was amazing! The only difficultys i ran into was the registering for classes at orientation. LA Trobes system is not very clear nor is there very good communication. Once that was all sorted it was great!

La Trobe

Overall I had an amazing experience in Melbourne, Australia. I made a lot of friends both in the United States and Australia. The school what good, very different to what I am used to at home, which is not a bad thing! The only downside to this university was that the living area was rundown in places but it was still livable. As for CIS Abroad, they are very reliable and my time with this program in Australia was great. My coordinators were great and very helpful and nice. However, my coordinator back in the States was another story. He would misplace many documents and put down all contact information for me as his own. When I was in Australia whenever the university would try to contact me all of my information would go to him and he would never tell me any updates or information that the university was trying tell me. I was also not the only one in my program to have problems with him. My other experiences with CIS Abroad have been great and very memorable. Other than my issues with him my experience was life changing and I would highly recommend studying abroad to anyone.

CIS was welcoming, wonderful and fun, my university was difficult and unhelpful.

My University was such a disappointment (Latrobe uni, bundoora campus), my lecturers did not seem passionate or friendly, not approachable and online courses were misleading and disorganized.

I was lucky to live with mostly Australians and some others from all over the world!

Social Life:
I t was hard to get off campus because the city was an hour tram ride away

Semester In Melbourne

The experience to be in the other side of the world is one the best feelings in the world, being in a different day that you friends family means the trip worth it and at the same time lonely.
The best from Australia is trying to the everything you can because it can be the only chance that you have in your entire life. Visti Sidney, the Outback, the beaches in Gold Coast and Cairns and if you have the opportunity maybe countries like Thialand and New Zealand, is the time to do and experience the things that you are not use to and make the most of it.

Melbourne

La Trobe was an awesome school to go to, it just felt like it was far from many things if you didn't have a car. The courses were very interesting and La Trobe made it really accommodation really nice for many internationals and locals alike.