CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Mediterranean Culture: Rome and Barcelona

Best decision I've made at college

Deciding to study abroad in Rome and Barcelona through CISAbroad's Mediterranean Culture program was the best decision I made for my academic career. I met great people, took great classes, had memorable experiences, and learned and immersed myself in cultures all throughout Europe. If you are even considering partaking in this program, then do it! When you are picking classes for Rome, make sure you pick On-Site Roman Archaeology. I went to historical sites all throughout Rome that I would've never gone to if it wasn't for this class. Studying abroad is one of the best decisions you can make while in college. It's a great way to get to know people from all over the globe while completing classes for your degree. CISAbroad and their faculty could not have been more helpful in the entire process. They are always engaging and there to help you throughout your time in Rome and Barcelona. Don't miss out on these two amazing cities and what they have to offer in expanding your global horizons.

CIS Abroad Mediterranean Culture

This program was incredibly rewarding, lasting 2 months and allowing you to visit both Rome and Barcelona. Both universities were great, as well as the living conditions. The program is very helpful, but at the same time, you have so much freedom. It's a lot of fun. The Barcelona portion is especially good, because there are a lot of arranged program trips to places like Valencia and Sitges. So worth it!

A Must Need Experience

My experience studying abroad with CIS was very smooth and I would recommend them to other prospective study abroad students. The only thing I have to complain about is the University's administration that was used abroad, there wasn't much information or assistance in the Rome portion from AUR. Barcelona was a much smoother, culturally different, and safer experience after coming from Rome.

Satisfied

I am very satisfied with this program. The one difference between Rome and Barcelona was the colleges. AUR was very little help to us when we needed things while BIC was very involved with us during our stay.

Classes weren't too difficult which gave us time to explore the cities

It seemed as though some students were given better housing than others. Our friends had AC and a very nice apartment while ours was very different.

AUR didn't give us any opportunities to experience traditional things in Rome. However, BIC did an amazing job of this. There were plenty of opportunities for us to immerse ourselves.

When in Rome don't use CIS Abroad

Living in Italy was beyond amazing, but I don't know if I would travel with CIS Abroad again. I felt like the program description was a bit of a lie - guaranteeing me that I would have adventures and more to do than what was actually included.

Classes were okay, but some professors were very difficult and not so flexible.

No AC, but that's not why I rated this badly. Saw many other apartments in Rome and all seemed to be in much better shape than the one we lived in. Upside: location.

I made it okay, but at least half of the people I knew got mugged.

Social Life:
Campo de Fiori, Club Mood, On the Rox :)