CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

January in New Zealand

Well worth it.

New Zealand is a great country, the people are friendly and the land is beautiful. CIS made it easy to get here and study. I know a lot kids who had trouble when they got here because they didn't have everything done right. I didn't have to worry because it was done for me by CIS.

The classes were fun and engaging. I enjoyed the professors a lot and the classes were not huge so you could make friends.

Got a flat with my own room and my flat mates were super chill.

I was able to travel around fairly easy. All the locals were super willing to show how to get somewhere or take me themselves.

CIS is a really good program to go thru they make easier on you and you save money. Compared to kids I know that came without a program.

I never once felt unsafe on or off campus. On campus they have a patrol that is on duty 24/7

Social Life:
Dunedin is a college town and is a little dead during summer. As the come back it starts to pick up and the party the first week of school is great. The city center is only 15 minute stumble to school so no need for taxis.

Dunedin NZ

I found the people to be friendly and welcoming and the staff to be helpful for the most part. Transportation was the only problem we had as students because it was hard to find ways of getting around NZ because public transportation was not great.

The academics were challenging but not horribly difficult

I was switched from living in a dorm to a "flat". One of my roommates was also an exchange student and we became friends but the roommate that was from NZ and was supposed to show us around was no help at all. But the living conditions were nice in general.

We were forced to be culturally immersed and I found it to be overwhelming but nothing out of the ordinary. Our Kiwi host was useless, most of the time no where to be found.

The program administration was good but i found i would rather try to make friends with students rather than spend time with an employee. Also, there were papers that i had not been informed i needed filled out so i had to go around trying to fill out forms before classes started.

I felt safe on campus with the security guards that walked around. The city was for the most part safe as well.

Social Life:
Alot of people had their own social groups already but some people were very open to helping show us around and show us "touristy" places to go.