CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Intern in South Africa

I just can't find the words...

Before I had any idea how I was going to turn my abroad dream into a reality, I met a CISabroad representative at my home university. He was informative and encouraging. After completing all the preliminary procedures, I received my internship placement and living arrangements! I am a public relations major so my placement at a South African PR firm was perfect. The living quarters were accessible by train to and from the city center. In the house, were people from all over the world. That was the best part of the living situation. The local CISabroad representative was a great help and outlet for anything I needed. Thank you CISabroad for a wonderful experience pre, during, and post South Africa!

South Africa Internship

The house that I lived in was broken into twice and I lost valuable possessions. My advisor did advocate for me but the program that was hired (GoodHope Studies) was less than concerned or sympathetic about the break-ins. It was not until I made a very valid point that GHS handled the situation poorly to my university that they took action, even then, GHS was not happy to help.