You do not need to be a teacher with extensive international experience to apply! Whether you're major was art history, zoology, or anything in between; if you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic and a genuine interest in education, your academic background will serve you well in the classroom - this time from the teacher's side of the desk.
CIEE and the Chilean Ministry of Education are looking for well-rounded applicants who are independent, adventurous, and who adapt well to new situations. Participants must be able to expect the unexpected and thrive in a changing environment! It's essential that participants are self-motivated, responsible, and recognize that their first priority is to their school and their teaching assignment. 110% commitment to the program is essential.
Basic eligibility requirements for the Teach Immersion in Chile program include:
* A bachelor's degree in any major
* English as a first language or you use English every day. Applicants must have received their K-12 or undergraduate education in the English Language.
* At minimum, basic Spanish skills (orientation is in Spanish!). Preference will be given to candidates with strong Spanish language abilities.
* Interest in Chilean culture and developing countries
* A high level of commitment, responsibility and flexibility
* A spirit of public service
Bachelor of Arts
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Stipend of 85,000 CLP per month, as well as room and board with a Chilean Homestay
This Program is open to
American and Canadian Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application