CIEE Header Image CIEE Header Image

CIEE Liberal Arts in Lima, Peru

Changing lives, one micro at a time

My experience in Peru couldn't have been any more rewarding. Besides meeting great people from around the world and fully adapting to a unique culture I was presented with opportunities and challenges that have helped construct me as a person today. CIEE staff was always available for any assistance or advice, even on their own personal time. Group activities were organized to give students a different outlook on various things in Peru. Classes were rewarding yet manageable and allowed time for free lance travel. Host families were personally selected and matched with each student. All families welcomed us with open arms as if we were their own. When I left Peru i truly felt like I was leaving a huge piece of me behind. I still remain in contact with my host family and friends on a daily basis and I do plan on returning in the future in search of employment and opportunities. I would hands down recommend this program as well as Peru to any student who id thinking of going abroad. Your outlook on life will forever be changed.

Can't wait to go back to Peru!

Everything about this program was perfect for me. I received the perfect amount of support and the perfect amount of freedom to explore on my own. I was matched with a family who I now consider to be my real second family. I can't wait to see them again. I came to Peru with little to no Spanish instruction and gradually learned how to communicate to the level where I can understand almost everything in Spanish and can communicate well enough to become friends with a non-English speaker. To do this program, it is important that you are willing to be outgoing and sound silly sometimes. I have made many close American friends (in the program) and Peruvian friends during my semester and can honestly say that if I were to go back to Peru tomorrow, I would have many places to stay. The trips were great because Peru is such an amazing country from dessert to jungle to mountains, every different scenery brought us a different culture to learn about. As cheesy as this sounds, whenever I think of my semester in Lima, I can not help but smiling. Thanks!