CIEE Header Image CIEE Header Image

CIEE Language + Culture in Ferrara, Italy

AMAZING cultural and learning experience!!!

I can 100% say I have no regrets with this program. I am so glad I decided on the CIEE Ferrara program. Being in Ferrara, I felt as though I truly was immersed the Italian culture. If you do not want to be surrounded by a lot of Americans all the time, enjoy true Italian cuisine, live amongst history and truly feel as though you are in Italy, I would say this is the right program for you. In the big cities like Florence and Rome, which are themselves incredible, you lose part of the culture in the mass amounts of foreigners and lack of general need to use the language. I found that I always had to speak in Italian when interacting with locals and my skills which were very minimal at the start grew incredibly. CIEE does not hold your hand entirely which allowed for me and my friends to explore Italy a lot more on our own and learn things for ourselves which I appreciated greatly. The program directors are FANTASTIC! Any health related issues or concerns I had they were instantly there to help us. My host family was absolutely wonderful! One thing I do have to say though is, I found the class workload to be stressful sometimes. Ferrara itself is such a beautiful and culturally enriched city. It was one of the best experiences of my entire life and I have taken away so much from it. I can truly say I left Ferrara with part of my heart still there.