Fall, Spring, Academic Year
Fall: late August - mid December; Spring: late February - early June; Academic Year: late August - early June
- Asian Studies
- Chinese Language
- Foreign Language
- International Relations
- Political Science & Politics
Cost in US$:
Please check the CIEE website for current program pricing.
Program Fees Include:
We want to make sure you get the most out of your experience when you study abroad with CIEE, which is why we offer the most inclusions in our fees.
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
- Overall GPA 2.75
- 3-8 semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent
- 1 college-level Chinese area studies course recommended
Note: Peking University will not accept students who are citizens of the People's Republic of China (PRC), Taiwan ROC, Hong Kong SAR, or Macau. This includes those who are U.S. permanent residents.
Students arriving with superior language fluency who test above the advanced level classes at the Peking University Language Center may be restricted to only to few appropriate Chinese language electives. There are also different fees and information associated with this program. Please see the Beijing Advanced Chinese Studies program.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Scholarships are Available
We have several scholarships that students can apply for. Contact CIEE for details.
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application
- Online Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network