CIEE Header Image CIEE Header Image

CIEE Intensive Chinese Language + Culture in Taipei, Taiwan

Chinese study in Taipei

Had a great time and really improved my language skills. The teachers are friendly and work with you to provide a good learning environment. You can easily make local friends to practice with as well, and the program administrators are experienced and know how to give you the best program experience. Definitely recommended if you want to study Chinese in a great environment!

Amazing program and staff, but students are a luck of the draw.

I entered the CIEE:ICLP program knowing what I wanted: to be fluent in Mandarin after 9 months. After a couple months, I can see that my goal is within reach.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had several problems the other day and the coordinator sat with me until every single one was solved.

We have great field trips around Taipei and they are always willing to give suggestions. The ambassadors in the program love talking to us and making us comfortable in Taiwan.

However, because all the students are American, it's hard to only speak Chinese since English is our best language. If you get out of that environment then you'll be well on your way to learning the language, however, if not, then you'll be stuck in this perpetual American world in Taiwan.

The people who ran the program were so great!...

The people who ran the program were so great! (Christie and Sandy). They helped us make lots of local friends and I felt very at home from the moment I arrived. I had 3 roommates in one room so the living situation wasn't stellar, but I actually found it nice getting to know my roommates. So for me it was great, although I heard other students wanted more privacy.