Fall, Spring, Academic Year
Fall: late August - mid December; Spring: early March - mid June; Academic Year: late August - mid June
- Asian Studies
- Chinese Language
- International Relations
- Languages & Linguistics
- Religious Studies
- Women's Studies
Cost in US$:
Please check the CIEE website for current program pricing.
Program Fees Include:
We want to make sure you get the most out of your experience when you study abroad with CIEE, which is why we offer the most inclusions in our fees.
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
- Overall GPA 3.0
- 4 or more semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent. Also appropriate for heritage learners who speak Chinese at an advanced or superior level.*
- One Chinese area studies course on transcript
- Note: East China Normal University will not accept students who are citizens of the People's Republic of China (PRC), Taiwan ROC, Hong Kong SAR, or Macau. This includes those who are U.S. permanent residents. Students of Chinese ancestry who hold U.S. passports are welcome. * Students who do not meet the minimum language requirement, as determined by the on-site placement exam, may be required to switch to another program offered at the CIEE Study Center in Shanghai after arrival and during the orientation period.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Scholarships are Available
We have several scholarships that students can apply for. Contact CIEE for details.
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network