China Study Abroad Header Image China Study Abroad Header Image

Mandarin Language Programs

Well-rounded experience

There's very little that CSA misses out on in providing you the best experience in studying Chinese in Beijing. Something that stood out for me is the one-on-one tutoring session provided by quality tutors. This was where I could feel my Chinese level improve exponentially. The CSA staff are awesome and will make you feel welcomed and at home in no time through introducing you to other students and also informing you about the essentials such as subway routes and homestay. Definetely worth it!

Art student

They found me teachers who could show me Chinese style painting. I am an art student in the USA and I was interested in learning different forms of artwork. This was a great group of people to set that up. The public transport was good and the location of our hotel kept us close to their office and close to the best Chinese food restaurants

Martial Arts Training

They were able to hook me up with some of the best Sanda (chines kickboxing) fighters in China and train with them. They were very accommodating. Our hotel room was conveniently located and the overall price for everything was very reasonable and fair

Amazing!!!

This was my 6th time in China and for the last time I choose CSA company - I have to say it was a wonderful experience - if you want to study abroad - CSA is probably the best choice!
First, they met me at the airport with welcome package, fresh water and very lovely smile, trust me - after 10h flight it was something very, very nice!
Then they showed me my apartment for the next 6 weeks - I was easily excited!!!
Also I have to mentione - they gave me a mobile phone with all CSA staff numbers - I could call them any time of the day - always just one phone call away from you and happy to help you!
Every weekend you will receive the list of activities where you can meet a lot of new friends, spend wonderful time, also - invitations to the dinners or lovely lunch with CSA staff on the middle of the day!
Always very helpful and friendly, every time smiling to see you, with the CSA you will never feel alone or lost in China, they will always take care of you!!!
If you are looking for saving money and time - choose the CSA!

Extraordinary Experience.

For those interested in learning Chinese, I would definitely recommend going through CSA. I stayed in China for a total of six weeks, with four weeks spent in Beijing studying the language and two weeks traveling around several cities in the country. CSA set me up for the registration at Beijing Language and Culture University, one that is known to be highly prestigious when it comes to teaching Chinese for foreigners. The language classes were systematically organized with students from all around the world, and you may potentially be placed into the same class as another participant from CSA according to your language abilities. After classes end and during weekends, CSA organizes a number of activities that you can participate in, and I believe these were definitely some of the best parts of the program. It is a chance for you to truly immerse yourself into the culture of China, both in terms of historical sightseeing destinations and in terms of authentic food. A wide array of people from all walks of life participate in CSA's program, so it is a great opportunity to build a strong network as well. The staff that resides in the Beijing office are always very supportive and are available at your side when you need it. The two weeks of traveling were also one of the best I have experienced throughout my life, witnessing the Terra Cotta warriors in person, biking through the mountain side, and riding a boat out to cultural cities. Out of the number of study abroad programs I took part in, I definitely think CSA has done a wonderful job of providing me with everlasting friends and memories.

Priceless lifetime experience!

I did find "China Study Abroad" via google and was instantly convinced that this agency is run professionally and will be a reliable partner during my language stay in China. The guys at CSA totally exceeded my expectations. From the first moment on, Dave and his team were more friends than agency employees. They helped me out in every difficult situation that occurred. Studying in China has been a priceless lifetime experience and if I decided to choose an agency again, it would definitely be CSA. So if you look for an agency that organizes everything for you, don’t look any further, choose CSA!

Tremendous agency - trustworthy, professional and highly recommended

If I had to summarize into 3 words my experience with China Study Abroad it would be; Professional, trustworthy and reliable. I fully believe I had a far more rewarding time due to the framework CSA has so professionally put in place.

I have just completed my 3 months course at Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) that I booked through CSA. My experiences reiterate the fantastic, rewarding experiences that other reviews of CSA have already expressed. After having such a tremendous 3 months I wanted to also highlight just why CSA made my experience different from fellow students and why I would unreservedly work with them again.

Trustworthy – in China!
We all hear horror stories of being ripped off or/and being given poorer service than expected. Indeed there are poorer standard agencies copying CSA’s approach with none of the service quality. I booked everything whilst I was abroad with everything was clear and transparent. CSA are honest and even recommended for me not to pay for additional tutor hours until I was settled saving me money I would have otherwise spent.

Hitting the ground running
I was there to learn and didn’t want extra worries or hassles, not for a 3 month period. CSA picks you up at arrivals, provides you with an indepth welcome pack and even gives you a mobile phone. They even helped me sort out my check in at the university dorm which was far more bureaucratic than it should have been!

Accommodation – Single room or more to a room?
There are several accommodation choices that CSA offer. Dorms in China are very different to the west with dorms having up to 6 individuals staying in 1 room. I had a single room that, without CSA, would have been extremely hard to book if I went directly. Agencies often have first pick so booking independently resulted in many of my new friends unhappily sharing rooms.

Help 24/7 – never without help if needed
Yes I wanted to learn and immerse in the culture but there are times where you just don’t want the hassle. CSA give you their mobiles so you can call them 24/7 if you need help. For example for me: stuck in a taxi with a driver who not only spoke no English but the thickest Beijing accent I have ever heard! Also helping me with the best birthday celebration ever with a rickshaw pub crawl around the hutongs of Beijing!

Socials and Friendships – much more than an agency
I cannot emphasis enough that whilst CSA operates as a agency, they are also great people. They organize great unique events (Camping at the Great Wall, learning mahjong etc) as part of their regular calendar and proactively help students meet each other to settle in. Before I even started class I had a great social circle that helped me study.

These are just some of the important aspects that differentiate CSA from not only other agencies but also if you booked independently yourself. Yes doing it yourself would be a bit cheaper but the peace of mind, added value, enriched experience and hitting the ground running is hugely more than worth it.

For information, I have no professional or bias links to CSA. I am a finance professional who was on a career break that decided to book his course through them. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them from an independent point of view.

Learned a lot in the time I was there. Great study technique and we had a great teacher. CSA also organized really professional and friendly 1:1 tutors which helped a great deal.

Booking through the agency meant that it was easiler to get a single room. Met a lot of friends that book independently and they ended up with roommates - sounds fun at first but after 3months of no personal space it sounded painful to me!

Living, studying, eating, socialising in Beijing. Great experience.

CSA team always went above and beyond - highly recommended

An experience like no other

As one of the weekend trips, we actually got to hike a non-renovated part of the Great Wall and spend the night in an abandoned guard tower. It was an experience unlike any other and was very unique in comparison to the excursions planned by other study abroad agencies.

I knew I wanted to study at Fudan University in Shanghai (due to its international recognition) and CSA presented the most economical option and had wonderful weekend trips. It was the easy website to navigate and customizing a program was simple and painless.

I lived in a great little studio apartment 5 minutes away from the campus. It had a kitchen, a bathroom, and a bedroom and then kitchen was fully stocked with pots and pans. The location was ideal and the people in the apartment building were always very nice.

A summer experience in China unlike any other!

My university doesn't offer study abroad programs in China, so I knew I had to find another way to study there. I found the CSA program and it seemed like a perfect fit. I had an amazing experience studying for a month in Shanghai and I know it would not have been possible without the help of CSA. The trips that were planned were phenomenal and I still talk almost daily with the friends I made while there. CSA has helped with everything including transferring credits back to my home university. I highly recommend any student wanting to study abroad in China to use CSA!

Fudan University is a well-recognized university, but the program I chose was a language intensive course for foreigners. The professors were great, but the material covered could have been changed to something more relevant. Nonetheless, my Chinese greatly improved throughout my time in the course.

Ideally located with the amenities I needed, my living situation was fantastic!

Our group was definitely able to experience many aspects of China with the aid of our local program advisor. By our own fault, we did not really interact with many local students, but we still met people and the day-to-day interactions we had (be it in a market or a restaurant) helped all of us improve our Chinese and get a better sense of the Chinese culture.

From my arrival in Shanghai to our weekend adventures in other towns, a CSA administrator was always accessible and more than willing to help. The staff is always congenial and will go out of their way to help in any way possible.

100% Recommended

I went to Beijing with CSA in summer 2011 and loved every minute. Going with CSA meant that every practical detail was taken care of and I could concentrate on my studies at BLCU and on enjoying all the great entertainment CSA arranged with a fantastic group of people.

CSA allowed me to hit the ground running and be immediately immersed into my six-hour a day study program and life with my Chinese homestay family and I knew that someone was on hand in case of any emergencies, from illness to finding a friendly face to share a beer with.

I couldn't recommend them enough.

Expectations = Blown Away!

I've traveled extensively and even lived in a handful of foreign countries, but I was still nervous about making the leap to live in Beijing for a summer with a Chinese family. From the day I made the (brilliant) decision to choose CSA, they were incredibly helpful with everything from paperwork/visas/enrollment/etc. Whether it was coming to find me when I got lost, making me feel at home a world away from my family and friends, you name it, CSA was there for me and made my experience one I'll treasure forever.

Truly Immersive!

I studied at BLCU in Beijing for a year.
After a year of Chinese i work as a game developer and eventually started my own export business. My chinese is now good enough to manage an entire business! I came to china with a simple purpose, to fulfill my entrepreneurial ambitions!
I can happily say that i made the best decision.

CSA helped me get all my visa work, documentation, queries and admissions! They even managed to courier my original documentation to India in speed that is unimaginable back home!
What impressed me the most is how warm and social China Study Abroad made me feel. I was very close to all the staff and students.

Would definitely recommend this program to everyone out there who wants to take full advantage of this enormous economic dragon China!

Hassle-free - all I did was book a flight!

I enjoyed learning Chinese in China through CSA - they provided as much help as I wanted and were always there in case something went wrong (like helping with giving a taxi directions!). I also liked them checking up on me once in a while - made me feel safe and looked after.

Very very good

It was very very good. I wouldn't have enjoyed going to china with CSA's help. You can call them anytime, for anything. Everything is taken care of from the day you arrive until the day you leave. The activities programme is excellent! Trust me you won't regret it!!

Fantastic Immersion Experience

CSA Beijing helped make my Chinese immersion program one of the best experiences of my life. They are very prompt with emails, give detailed information of what is included in the package (which is a lot of outings and activities and airport pickups ... even for my 3am plane leaving!!) and have a dedicated team of past program enthusiasts and professionals all waiting to help you in a central office. Will return to CSA.

Fantastic Immersion Experience

Refresher course

The very first time I entered Shaoyuan (the building where most Chinese lessons are given) at Beijing University (Beida) was a very memorable experience: it felt a bit like a time warp, in the sense that the building hasn't changed a bit since 1989. What had changed was everything around it: back then Shaoyuan was more or less the most beautiful building on Beida, now it was, well, just a reminder of the crappy building style of the days before "Reform and opening up". But actually that was pretty irrelevant: the teachers are excellent, the class a lot of fun (in my case mainly Japanese and Korean students) and the program very thorough.

As I mentioned, I had already studied in Beijing and even at Beijing University before, and because of fond memories from that time I decided I wanted to come back to Beijing.

The apartment that CSA arranged for me at Wen Cheng was great and had all I needed. However, it was a bit far from Beijing University (about half an hour by bike) and there is no subway close at hand. I had to cycle about 15 minutes to the nearest subway station at Wudaokou, which is also a much livelier environment than around Wen Cheng. So when you're looking for an apartment in Beijing, consider the distance to your classes and other to other places to like going to.

Refresher course

When I came to Beijing in February 2013 I wasn't your average student, aged-wise that is: I had studied in Beijing before in 1988-1989 and had long thought of coming back to brush up my Chinese. I finally had an opportunity to do just that last year and I thoroughly enjoyed it! My Chinese is more or less on the same level it was in the late '80s (after almost 25 years of negligence), perhaps even a bit better. The program at Beijing University is very thorough, but also hard work: only go there if you are willing to put in lot of time and effort. If you do, it's worth it and it pays off in terms of your language skills at the end of your stay.