China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

Summer Intensive Chinese Language & Immersion Program

Summer To Remember with CIP - The Red Dragon Immersion

For those four weeks that I spent in China with the study tour summer program, it really changed my mind for the better. Since the early age, China has always been on the horizon and definitely on my list of targets that I set for myself.

I decided to join the Study & Tour Program organized by China Internship Placements (CIP) for a duration of one month. From the beginning I was quite impressed by the combined structure of their program – within that proposed four weeks I would get to learn Mandarin language and participate in all sorts of new activities for a full month. From the moment I arrived in China, we got right to it. Our group was comprised of a lot of people, mostly in our teenage years. Our schedule included Chinese language classes which were really fun. I really like learning Chinese and prior to visiting China, had had some foundation with the language.

With this study tour program, everything is included in the package; you are guaranteed accommodation for the whole time, you get 3 meals a day as usual and transport is organized for you whenever we have to take trips around the city. The program coordinators speak English and are quite friendly – I even practiced my Chinese with them on several occasions. I liked the fact that for some of the lunch times, they prepared some traditional Chinese food for us to try out. Of course, traditional cuisine is an important part of the Chinese culture and I have to say that Chinese food in China tastes (and looks) much better than the Chinese food I eat back in the US.

Spending just that one month in China was such a great experience that I am determined to continue studying Chinese, I understand more about the culture and saw a lot of interesting places. I am still in contact with some of the friends I made back during the study tour and I look forward to the next time I can visit China.
Summer Programs with CIP is awesome from arrival at the airport, program components etc. My Kung-fu Classes has been helpful putting me in shape. Coming back home, I wake up missing those itineraries, the people, and just everything. The Diaries, the pictures will leave with me forever

The Rollercoaster Study & Tour in China

Upon signing up for China Internship Programs’s one-month study tour program, I was excited to see what they had planned for us. That month in China for me was fully packed with fun activities cleverly combined with a Chinese language short curriculum to ensure quick learning.

Usually, mornings would begin with normal Chinese language classes for a total of 3-4 hours every day. Everybody in my class was at a similar level of Chinese, although in the beginning I realized that I needed to quickly adapt to the Chinese way of teaching. A lot of the lessons included learning new vocabulary, memorizing frequently used phrases and practicing oral Chinese. Learning was made fun, the pace wasn’t too rushed and I really liked studying with my new classmates and friends. It made the whole experience so much better than I originally imagined.

Personally my favorite part of the day has to be the afternoons; there was always some new activity arranged for all students every day. The activities varied from Chinese cooking classes, Chinese board games, visiting historical sites and landmarks around the city etc. The activity that sticks out for me is definitely learning about Chinese tea culture and its ceremony – who knew that there would be so much precision needed just to make a cup of tea! Before coming to China, I had already read about the Great Wall and The Forbidden City. With the study tour program, I was really happy when the coordinators took us to see these places, with the added advantage of having English-Chinese speaking guides.
The study tour program that China Internship Placements helps coordinate is a month long, but the activities planned are so interesting and varied that you are guaranteed to have a few personal favorites. I absolutely enjoyed myself and would love the chance to come back again.