China Global Connections Header Image China Global Connections Header Image

• The Employer

• Pay and Benefits

• Professional Development

Internship in Chengdu

My name is Girts and I was born in Latvia. Later I moved to Germany and after I started my studies in the Netherlands. I had a chance to do my internship abroad, despite that I was already studying abroad, and I wanted to do it outside Europe. My goal was to get an experience outside of Europe to learn other culture and China seemed as a great choice.
Through my University I received information about China Global Connections. At first internship in China seemed something very hard to achieve and without them I would definitely not be able to achieve it. But Norbert and Fiona from China Global Connections helped me a lot and made it easy.

After a few interviews I accepted an offer of Business Development Assistant in an event organizing company in Chengdu. My main responsibility was to create proposals for the upcoming events. And I also got to visit all the events that we were organizing, which I think is a huge advantage.

I am very glad that I choose China and China Global Connections for my internship, because I received an exciting lifetime experience. And Chengdu was a good choice as well, I love the food here, the infrastructure is very well organized, and there are many interesting places to visit.

Overall, I would highly recommend Chengdu and of course China Global Connections if you want to experience China and receive the best professional support before and during your stay.

• The Employer

• Pay and Benefits

• Professional Development

Internship in China (CGC)

I am in China from August 2016, I was excited to go to my internship in China as early as possible, because who wants to stay in home country for an extra month of the summer if there is a possibility to travel through the half of the world! My first experience was pretty smooth and nice. As long as I have an experience in changing the culture, thanks to my life in the Netherlands, I did not have a "Honeymoon stage", depression or panic. To be honest, during the first-first day, at the evening I had a 5 minutes of panic and nervosity (because of the first official job), but I was so tired and sleepy that I passed out almost immediately and never had these feelings again.

I am taking my internship in Chengdu, in a company which is publishing mobile games, especially for me, entertainment industries (like movies and games) are very close and it is inspiring me. My job is Community Operation Intern, I am using my knowledge in languages to set up the community around the games, also I am here as a consultant and content provider. Experience that I am gaining, is not only about the games and work, it’s about working in a team, in a company that cares about their employees, in one word – satisfying.

From the first days I recognized that China is highly advanced in technologies. Everyone is using smartphone for everything, people does not use bank cards, actually, they have special QR-codes to pay for goods or food via universal applications like AliPay (part of the giant Alibaba) or WeChat (similar to WhatsApp). Your smartphone is a key for everything!
In overall, I would like to say that opportunity that gives China Global Connection (CGC) is enormously valuable, don’t look at this as an advertising, it’s not. You can accept it as an advice, because in the Chinese culture, everything based on your connections. That is why you need support, key figure who will present you to the country of opportunities and potential success.